• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Rose Bowl

i definitely can see why you feel this way and easley has the year in college going for him as a benchmark.

the deciding factor to me is in theory ihnen can play this upcoming season and easley is going to have to sit.

you hate having to make decisions out of need instead of taking the better prospect and maybe dixon and his staff will take the long game view.

i just have worries about a front line comprised of samuel and two big unknowns in barlow and lat and no one else because right now that is what they are rolling into the season with in their front line.

With the last scholarship I would rather get a grad transfer than a German who has no experience on this side of the pond. I think our need is for a guy that can play the 5 and I’m not sure Ihnen can do that.

I’m kind of hoping CJD is playing the long game in that the team will have years to get better together. That might mean next year is sort of a throwaway season to get the young guys experience. I would love to see Fuller, Farabello, Smith, Pearson get plenty of time to go with KD, Samuel and RJ. If Lat and Barlow can give us good minutes then we should, at least, be competitive.

Eight

With the last scholarship I would rather get a grad transfer than a German who has no experience on this side of the pond. I think our need is for a guy that can play the 5 and I’m not sure Ihnen can do that.

I’m kind of hoping CJD is playing the long game in that the team will have years to get better together. That might mean next year is sort of a throwaway season to get the young guys experience. I would love to see Fuller, Farabello, Smith, Pearson get plenty of time to go with KD, Samuel and RJ. If Lat and Barlow can give us good minutes then we should, at least, be competitive.

i agree i would really like to see a grad transfer who can play the 4/5.

concerned about the defensive end with the opposing bigs come out from the block. samuel got exposed last year having to play at times 15-18 feet from the basket on the defensive end of the floor.

jd is gone, not sure what barlow can do that far out defensively and not sure about lat as he looked like he wanted to be a 3 and not a 4. he averaged a defensive rebound for every 8 1/2 minutes he played which isn't great for a 6'9" player.

Rose Bowl

No German without experience playing in the US has ever to come to the DFW area and amounted to [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] as a basketball player.

So you would rather have him than a grad transfer big? My opinion is we have a bigger need for a center who can give us good minutes. How good was Dirk as a rookie, if you forgot he was very average. If Ihnen commits then I’ll be behind him cheering him on but I don’t think he will have the impact next year that a GT would.

Purp

No German without experience playing in the US has ever to come to the DFW area and amounted to [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] as a basketball player.
To be fair, Dirk wasn't Dirk for a few years after coming to Dallas. That same trajectory in college would give us a couple years of waiting before seeing a productive player.

Atom

9vppMrr.jpg

For Bane speculation

Moose Stuff

So you would rather have him than a grad transfer big? My opinion is we have a bigger need for a center who can give us good minutes. How good was Dirk as a rookie, if you forgot he was very average. If Ihnen commits then I’ll be behind him cheering him on but I don’t think he will have the impact next year that a GT would.

I just assumed everyone would see the sarcasm.

Eight

Oh yea what about Uwe Blab, oh wait he went to IU. Okay how about Detlef Schrempf?

Can't name any others...

uwe also played a year or two at a high school in central illinois before going to iu. christian welp i think went straight from germany to uw with detlef.

if the frogs had a shot at a 4/5 grad transfer who could help out next year all for it.

cheese83

We need a grad transfer who can play immediately, is Easley getting a waiver by any chance? We need a legit 3 pt shooter and one more big man. Samuel is good and started dominating at the end but we need someone who can come in when he needs a breather. We saw a few times where if he was in foul trouble or worn out we suffered defensively.

Eight

We need a grad transfer who can play immediately, is Easley getting a waiver by any chance? We need a legit 3 pt shooter and one more big man. Samuel is good and started dominating at the end but we need someone who can come in when he needs a breather. We saw a few times where if he was in foul trouble or worn out we suffered defensively.

the only catch with what you have asked for is that unless someone else is leaving the frogs have 1 slot left on the roster.

big issue with taking on two transfers who have to sit out a year to play is they don't fill holes in the roster next year and outside of bane there is no proven threat behind the 3-point line and only 3 bigs on the roster.

i guess you hope for a big who can shoot 3's? hope smith and fuller can contribute behind the arc? davis has to get better and rj has to provide some degree of threat as well. he just can not shoot 30% from 3 again.

Dogfrog

Farabello will be interesting. Hard to step in and excel immediately but if he could be legit by early 2020 would be great. Question will be is he a pure point guard or is he also a legit threat at SG? If pure point, would not mind having a 25/15 minute PG split. If both, would be nice to have another SG threat. Hate to have too high expectations for freshmen but...

Eight

Farabello will be interesting. Hard to step in and excel immediately but if he could be legit by early 2020 would be great. Question will be is he a pure point guard or is he also a legit threat at SG? If pure point, would not mind having a 25/15 minute PG split. If both, would be nice to have another SG threat. Hate to have too high expectations for freshmen but...

you ask a good question and i do think frogs are going to need to do some split of the point guard duties if they push the ball and/or depend on the point to continue to create so much in the half court offense