• The KillerFrogs

Happy Masters Week

Putt4Purple

So far only one of my six picks missed the cut. Justin Rose for some reason had a bad week to be off his game. Missed the cut. The others are in it. It will a very fun weekend to watch IF the weather cooperates.

Putt4Purple

I have to say it's completely weird to see pros putting with the pin in...

I agree. Its a new rule implemented by the USGA to speed up play not only in professional tournaments which the PGA adheres to, but to speed up play for the average golfers playing a regular round of golf around the USA. Five and six hour rounds of golf is NOT fun at all.

MTfrog5

I agree. Its a new rule implemented by the USGA to speed up play not only in professional tournaments which the PGA adheres to, but to speed up play for the average golfers playing a regular round of golf around the USA. Five and six hour rounds of golf is NOT fun at all.
I personally love it on short putts. Hit it with some pace straight into the flag stick

ShreveFrog

Everybody loves Rory going into Masters week (including me) because his game is perfect for that course. Would seem inevitable that he would get at least one green jacket. But he just can't seem to handle the moment.

ShreveFrog

Maybe as a tribute to Dan Jenkins, I'll root for Oosthuizen. In memory of Jenkins' tweet from about 10 years ago when Oosthuizen first showed up on a disappointing leaderboard at the Masters: "What is a Louis Oosthuizen?"

Actually will probably root for some magic from Phil.

froginmn

Yeah I guess I feel the way some pros do. Good rule for those of us playing without caddies (to speed up the pace) but odd for the pros. And if some players want the pin but others don't, it won't speed it up at all.