• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Farmfrog

A name no one has brought up that would be interesting is Tim Cluess of Iona. Has done very well there but I wonder if he would leave the east coast.

LVH

A name no one has brought up that would be interesting is Tim Cluess of Iona. Has done very well there but I wonder if he would leave the east coast.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. Always wondered what he could do outside of Iona. But you have to wonder how entrenched he is at recruiting the NYC area.

It was a sad picture of CJD in the closing seconds last night. It was a shot on tv from the end of the court. He was sitting in the chair, bent over with hands clasped just staring at the floor. To me, it was obvious that he was upset about losing the game, but also about leaving TCU. Right then I felt certain he was gone, but the fact he was leaving bothered him.

He’s done good things while here and received, IMHO, some unfair criticism from a lot here on KFC. I hope he stays, but if the call to go home is that strong, then he needs to go.

Finally, if TCU takes less than $5 million, it will be very disappointing.

Francis Xav

It was a sad picture of CJD in the closing seconds last night. It was a shot on tv from the end of the court. He was sitting in the chair, bent over with hands clasped just staring at the floor. To me, it was obvious that he was upset about losing the game, but also about leaving TCU. Right then I felt certain he was gone, but the fact he was leaving bothered him.

He’s done good things while here and received, IMHO, some unfair criticism from a lot here on KFC. I hope he stays, but if the call to go home is that strong, then he needs to go.

I noticed something strange last night too. A weird energy.

Francis Xav

Assuming there was a reason for these rumors awhile ago... reporters dropping hints etc..but, maybe it isnt going to happen.

Its entirely possible it was just discussions, like Cal. Jamies been known to flirt w schools.

It has been public what Jamie’s buyout was. The reports of them suddenly not wanting to pay it wouldnt make any sense. They knew what it was.

Which is why I wonder if this whole thing is just a floated rumor right now. Theyve been reaching out to alot of recruits(transfers). Maybe they are putting his name public to gauge reaction. Either way, with our class next year, I felt good. But now with the Noi news, id assume lat would go too.

With the attrition this year, maybe jamie feels like this is a big hole and it may be a fresh start. Thats neither commendable or not commendable, just an idea that was in my head.

You lose half your roster in 1 year, it really sets you back .

netty2424

I don’t know how he can stay at this point. It’s hard enough to fill a 7,000 seat arena with TCU fans when times are good. TCU fans are entitled and fickle, and he may have rubbed enough people the wrong way to the point that The Scholl is empty next year out of spite. Imagine trying to recruit in a hostile environment at your own home gym. Recipe for disaster, on top of this years mass exodus.

Francis Xav

I don’t know how he can stay at this point. It’s hard enough to fill a 7,000 seat arena with TCU fans when times are good. TCU fans are entitled and fickle, and he may have rubbed enough people the wrong way to the point that The Scholl is empty next year out of spite. Imagine trying to recruit in a hostile environment at your own home gym. Recipe for disaster, on top of this years mass exodus.
Wouldnt be too hard to come up with a reason that absolves him of this rumor.

Zubaz

Baseball stadium seems full enough after a reasonably analagous situation last year .

Hell Sent Frog

UCLA is going to embarrass themselves if they are not careful.
They are looking at getting into a bidding war with TCU, not to mention having to pay the buyout.

I suspect that UCLA may be all hat with not as many cows as they would have you believe.

When it comes to finding money for their sports programs these days, TCU seems to be quite competitive.
Why is everyone assuming that UCLA has more money to spend than TCU?
Big 12 teams receive more money from their conference than PAC-12 teams do.
They are a public university in California and likely have many more people to answer to regarding monies spent in a case like this one than the TCU administration does

UCLA doesn't have the balls to steal a damn thing from old TCU.

Last edited:

TooColdU

UCLA is going to embarrass themselves if they are not careful.
They are looking at getting into a bidding war with TCU, not to mention having to pay the buyout.

I suspect that UCLA may be all hat with not as many cows as they would have you believe.

When it comes to finding money for their sports programs these days, TCU seems to be quite competitive.
Why is everyone assuming that UCLA has more money to spend than TCU?
Big 12 teams receive more money from their conference than PAC-12 teams do.
They are a public university in California and likely have many more people to answer to regarding monies spent in a case like this one than the TCU administration does.

UCLA doesn't have the balls to steal a damn thing from old TCU.

They need to combat their unconscious bias

Froglaw

Agree.

He owes us $8 and not a dime less.

All parties thought that the $8 was a fair amount at the time he entered into his contract with TCU.

Nothing has changed.

Man up and pay the $8.