• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

Francis Xav

idk If this is totally verifiable, but, this was tweeted then deleted super quickly by a verified UCLA Reporter account I looked like. Anyways...it basically said “sources saying Dixon to UCLA almost a done deal pending buyout verification.” I have a screenshot not sure if I can upload.

Chongo94

idk If this is totally verifiable, but, this was tweeted then deleted super quickly by a verified UCLA Reporter account I looked like. Anyways...it basically said “sources saying Dixon to UCLA almost a done deal pending buyout verification.” I have a screenshot not sure if I can upload.

Should be able to upload, just depends on the size. I’ve tried to upload things before and couldn’t do it and they weren’t even that large of files.

Bruin Steve

I guess I can share this much with you guys:

In UCLA circles, nobody seems to be really sure what’s happening. There were reports earlier this evening that it was Cronin. Done deal. As everyone started buying in, then another poster with alleged inside sources said “not so fast”...and reports started coming in that it’s Dixon. Again, done deal. Then other reports that a major surprise may be in the works. Of course, the one thing for sure is that nobody really knows. And no one will until everything really is finalized...with whoever. The people who negotiate these things—both sides—generally stay tight-lipped until it’s done...for good reasons...and much to the frustration of fans everywhere who want to know everything before anyone else.

Time to get some sleep...maybe things sort out tomorrow. For now, anyone who tells you they know is probably just repeating rumors....

Chongo94

Weirdly, Dixon’s Wikipedia page is blue and gold (as of this post) in its coloration now. Probably someone just playing a joke...

Edit: it is now back to purple.

Last edited:

Bruin Steve

Just to update this for anyone up this late:
The most credible reporter I've seen posing on this so far. Dixon to UCLA by Friday is now being reported by a very credible source out here on the West Coast--Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News...one of the top print media sportswriters in the country...and someone with long-term excellent sources inside UCLA.