• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Kansas State Big Xii tourney thread

netty2424

I have no problem with seeding Big12 teams in the conference championship tourney and letting the tourney decide the conference champion.

Froggish

And I can tell by your post that you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. We were talking about 95% of the minutes going to the 7 guys who played today. You’d have to literally not know who Jalen Fisher is to think he wouldn’t put a serious dent in that 95% number. What you typed above is basically gibberish.

Your aware that Jalen spent a significant portion of his career hurt right?...

Edit: I’ll add that yes a healthy Jalen would sucked more minutes no doubt. You are correct. My statement was made under the assumption we all New he was playing injured and as I stated, while he would have made us better but I still think we finish where we finished.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

NIT was perfect for our “non-basketball school” that was emerging from nearly two decades of irrelevance.

Never again will it be anything other than a disappointment, no matter how far we could theoretically go.

We are, or at least are trying to become a program that expects to compete for conference championships and make deep runs in the tournament. Hell, we were expected to compete for a conference championship this season.

As long as Jamie is our coach, anything less than a tournament appearance is a complete failure of a season.

TCUWIN

Playing last night and then again today at 1:30 did us no favor. Pretty sure they were tired in the second half with only 2 guys on the bench for rest.
Tired of the excuses. West Virginia beat Tech - a much better team than Kstate. WVU’s bench played 4, 4, 12 and 9 minutes. Our bench had 22 and 19 minutes. The fact is we turned the ball over way too much and failed to rebound. I’m don’t doubt they were tired, but I am going to guess WVU was tired too. WVU executed when needed. We didn’t. And if we were too tired to prove we deserved an NCAA tournament bid, then we deserve to be in the NIT where we won’t have to play back to back days.

PurpleBlood87

Jalen was a good player for us and we miss him but I can tell by your response that you have a much higher opinion of Jalen then anyone in our conference did...He made us better but I have a hard time believing we finish any different in the standings then where we landed. We are just sloppy and inefficient. Our talent level isn’t where it needs to be

Possibly one of the worst posts ever.

Wexahu

NIT was perfect for our “non-basketball school” that was emerging from nearly two decades of irrelevance.

Never again will it be anything other than a disappointment, no matter how far we could theoretically go.

We are, or at least are trying to become a program that expects to compete for conference championships and make deep runs in the tournament. Hell, we were expected to compete for a conference championship this season.

As long as Jamie is our coach, anything less than a tournament appearance is a complete failure of a season.

I agree with the last sentence. You don’t pay a coach what we are paying him to not finish among the Top 68. Making deep runs in the tournament is such a crapshoot though, and very few teams actually do it on anywhere close to a regular basis.

Pharm Frog

Tired of the excuses. West Virginia beat Tech - a much better team than Kstate. WVU’s bench played 4, 4, 12 and 9 minutes. Our bench had 22 and 19 minutes. The fact is we turned the ball over way too much and failed to rebound. I’m don’t doubt they were tired, but I am going to guess WVU was tired too. WVU executed when needed. We didn’t. And if we were too tired to prove we deserved an NCAA tournament bid, then we deserve to be in the NIT where we won’t have to play back to back days.

I don't think you have to play B2B days in the NCAA either

Dogfrog

I agree with the last sentence. You don’t pay a coach what we are paying him to not finish among the Top 68. Making deep runs in the tournament is such a crapshoot though, and very few teams actually do it on anywhere close to a regular basis.

What is your school’s coach paid?