• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Kansas State Big Xii tourney thread

Eight

Is that just conference games or include the entire slate?....Bet we are worse then that against conference opponents..

Just like football, “conference only” stats are far more relevant to the health of a program as that’s the one place you can truly measure yourself against your peers

non-conference frogs had 268 assists and 182 turnovers.

conference frogs were 1:1, 254 assists and 254 turnovers

to go back to country's point in the frogs very first game of the year against csu-bakersfield they had 16 assists and 13 turnovers.

similar to years where the frogs in football don't tackle well or have trouble running the ball early against a 1-aa opponent. those problems have a tendency to stay around for some reason

Last edited:

WhatTheFrog

I was gonna ask that question about one and done in NCAA or POSSIBLY make a run in the NIT. Why is it better to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament? I guess the NIT win 2 years ago was crap compared to that? Why, because we were the "first team out of the NCAA tourney" when we won the NIT? I just don't get it. I think a NIT champ is better than a bunch of NCAA tourney teams, especially those that lose in the first round.

I also understand there's a history thing in play, but I think that will take care of itself with Dixon at the helm.

Froggish

Sorry, I wasn’t saying you specifically were saying the L is a foregone conclusion. Just seems to be the common narrative at this point. I’m just bored with the tired/exhausted posts. Is what it is.

I can count 3-4 other more pressing reasons we lost that game other than being tired. We were within 3 with less than a minute if I’m not mistaken.

And the reality is, most teams benches outside of player 6-7 don’t get many meaningful minutes anyways. It’s a talking point to burn minutes on broadcast.

Now playing two games in 24 hours against an opponent who hasn’t, that’s more of a factor to me than a 7 man bench. It’s not like Alok, and Mayen, and McWilliams, and Barlow would’ve come in and taken over that game.

This....We didn’t loose today, or 4 our final 6 reg season games, because of fatigue..It plays a role but we could have a team 11 deep and 95% of all the minutes would still go to the 7 we have now

Pharm Frog

I was gonna ask that question about one and done in NCAA or POSSIBLY make a run in the NIT. Why is it better to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament? I guess the NIT win 2 years ago was crap compared to that? Why, because we were the "first team out of the NCAA tourney" when we won the NIT? I just don't get it. I think a NIT champ is better than a bunch of NCAA tourney teams, especially those that lose in the first round.

I also understand there's a history thing in play, but I think that will take care of itself with Dixon at the helm.

Recruiting

Armadillo

That was a tough game to watch. Honestly, most of the games since Hawaii have been tough to watch.

I don’t want to call out players.

Many different opinions in this team have been voiced in the GDTs over the last couple of months. And I agree with most of them.

Such an inconsistent team. But I do believe they have always given their best effort.

Inconsistentency had been the only consistency.

Eight

the biggest thing to me about the nit run a few years back was it gave a team that was coming together valuable games to play and grow the buy in to what dixon was asking them to do in his program.

in regards to the nit title for me that is the basketball equivalent of winning an off brand bowl game. winning is always nice, but if you ask me is it better to win a non-bcs bowl game or lose in the first round of the college play-offs it is lose in the play-offs.

that is the ultimate goal and for most basketball programs the ncaa tournament is the goal.

Froggish

Not if one of those players was Jalen Fisher.
Jalen was a good player for us and we miss him but I can tell by your response that you have a much higher opinion of Jalen then anyone in our conference did...He made us better but I have a hard time believing we finish any different in the standings then where we landed. We are just sloppy and inefficient. Our talent level isn’t where it needs to be

CountryFrog

Jalen was a good player for us and we miss him but I can tell by your response that you have a much higher opinion of Jalen then anyone in our conference did...He made us better but I have a hard time believing we finish any different in the standings then where we landed. We are just sloppy and inefficient. Our talent level isn’t where it needs to be
This is one of the worst opinions I've ever seen on here.

Pharm Frog

I don’t think we play yesterday if JF had finished the regular season

Eight

a truly health jalen makes this a much better team in regards to ball movement and his ability to create space by being an outside threat

unfortunately, i really don't think we ever truly saw a healthy jalen this year and i don't think anyone will again. i think he has just lost too much.

do agree there were other problems on this team and i do believe there are some roster holes that must be filled due to losing half of dixon's first three classes

Dogfrog

Jalen was always the guy you wanted with the ball with the game on the line. He had court presence, ran the offense, and knocked down the 3. We did not have a replacement for that. Not a knock on Alex, he just has a different set of talents.

Moose Stuff

And I can tell by your post that you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. We were talking about 95% of the minutes going to the 7 guys who played today. You’d have to literally not know who Jalen Fisher is to think he wouldn’t put a serious dent in that 95% number. What you typed above is basically gibberish.

AroundWorldFrog

Jalen was always the guy you wanted with the ball with the game on the line. He had court presence, ran the offense, and knocked down the 3. We did not have a replacement for that. Not a knock on Alex, he just has a different set of talents.
Except for gimme layups, but I digress.

Edit. I liked the hell out of Fisher, was really sad to see him hurt again and not finish his career at TCU.