• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

BABYFACE

Great first two years. But man, can he just not recruit? Did great with Johnson recruits but his own haven't shown to be more than average. Bane, Davis good but no big men? Samuel is average. C'mon Dixon, we need a big recruit to sign! Maybe he should hire Johnson to recruit for him?
Samuel is legit. I see his sophomore season as a big step forward, and by the time he is junior, look out.

Rose Bowl

The problem I have with Jamie is that he refuses to adjust his offense to fit his personnel. He needs to recruit more players who have some defensive chops. I wish I saw what others see in Kevin. He can’t shoot to save his life and really isn’t a strong rebounder. He should work all offseason on a jump shot so he might be useful in a PnP role.

I hope we go after a grad transfer big that can give us minutes like Hamdy last year. With the three schollys left I hope we bring guys who can play the 4 and the 5. I’m not going to be looking for Mayen to play going forward because it seems once you get a knee injury then you’re never the same again.

BABYFACE

This place is turning into an echo chamber of buffoons patting each other on the back while many of the more rational posters seem to have found something better to do with their time.
I think one poster in this thread is posting under 3 handles to echo his discontent and lured a few others with him.

y2kFrog

I think Noi is our best player. I am not impressed with most of the guys he recruited. I do think Samual will be a force these next couple of years as will Davis. I don’t see anyone else in this freshman class ever playing after this year and that includes RJ.

RJ can be a good player if spends his summer hours in the gym doing nothing but shooting 3’s. If you can’t shoot 3’s your going to have a hard time making it in college basketball these days.

LeagueCityFrog

Samuel needs to guard right by the rim WAY BETTER going forward. If Jamie thought he was losing Noi or Bane after this season to the NBA Draft, you can forget that. They will both be back next season. We need a bruiser in the paint like that white dude we had when Lee Nailon was here in '97-'98. That freshman guard Davis has been great this year for the most part and personally won us a couple games. He's legit.

As for you people saying there are players hurt, blah-blah-blah, THREE OF OUR FOUR 2018 recruiting class kids that were true freshman this year have left the program. It did not seem that any of them were a major loss injured or by their ego. Coach Dixon originally recruiting them was the major miss by our coaching staff by bringing them to Fort Worth. Angus Williams is going to UC-Riverside, Kaden Archie to UTEP, the third kid with the broken hand, no one has offered him, and Jalen Fisher is done and bolted with no where to land. These were not true freshman powerhouse kids we lost here to powerhouse programs after they left TCU.

As coach Patterson says in regards to recruiting, it is not the ones you miss on that hurts you, it is the ones you take and can't play when they get here is what hurts. Bottom line, if you want to be mad at Dixon, be mad that we evaluated poorly on these freshman and maybe should have brought in a big, tough one and done graduate forward or center like with did with Hamdi last year from VCU. I wouldn't count coach Dixon out. He's a stud and will get our basketball program where it needs to go with the high level of financial support it currently has.

y2kFrog

He is the 4th leading rebounder in the conference as a redshirt freshman. I’d say that is pretty strong.

Pretty much any 6’ 10” or taller guy who can play will be a one or Duke or Kentucky, otherwise you gotta develop then from nothing. Samuel has been as good as you can hope for in a freshman. Gotta hope his game keeps developing.

Moose Stuff

I just wonder what happened in Hawaii? Obviously, something did. We lost a quarter of our team and all our momentum there.

It seems fairly obvious to me that what happened is we lost the guy that drives the bus and that pretty much ended our hopes of going anywhere. And whatever happened with him did not originate in Hawaii. If fully healthy we could have had a decent season without him but it still wouldn’t have gone too far.

MadFrog

Dixon is a keeper. I think Samuel is not mean enough, Noi needs to focus on his play and not hushing the crowd, Davis is a work in progress (and sometimes too short) , Bane needs a short range jump shot and RJ needs to get over it and not play so scared. Losing Miller and Robinson will hurt (even though I think Miller can't shoot 3s and is very awkward when he drives the basket, and Robinson has way too many stupid TOs). Losing Fisher was a killer. I wonder what the real story is about him leaving. Dixon has 3 good recruits already signed but he needs to find about 4 more, preferably big men who REALLY want to be at TCU. This crap like with Alok, Archie and McWilliam has got to stop.