• The KillerFrogs

OT - Great movie lines/scenes

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I used to have a commercial free Tombstone recording on my DVR and would watch it fairly often. We upgraded a while year or so ago and I lost my DVR recordings. Showtime had a free wknd and I got it back. I have it on DVD, but I really like the convenience of having it on DVR with no commercials. Its an all time top 10 movie for me.
Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone done danced across your grave, son.

Froginbedford

"Big Jake," starring John Wayne....Dropped out of sight for several years, contacted by Maureen O'Hara, his estranged wife, to track and rescue his grandson from kidnappers led by Richard Boone...epic gun battle among Wayne, his real-life son playing one of his sons, and Boone and Boone's goons....Boone last of the bad guys alive, but mortally wounded....
Boone: Who are you?
Wayne: Jake McCandles...
Boone: I thought you were dead....

Wayne: Not hardly....

HToady

I did not see the most iconic scene ever in this thread (unless I missed it)
If you don't know this....then you don't know Jack!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
"Big Jake," starring John Wayne....Dropped out of sight for several years, contacted by Maureen O'Hara, his estranged wife,

"The Quiet Man" also with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. She takes a swing at him which prompts Barry Fitzgerald to say:

Michaleen Flynn: "Is this a courting or a donnybrook? Have the good manners not to hit the man until he's your husband and entitled to hit you back."

Boomhauer

"The Quiet Man" also with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. She takes a swing at him which prompts Barry Fitzgerald to say:

Michaleen Flynn: "Is this a courting or a donnybrook? Have the good manners not to hit the man until he's your husband and entitled to hit you back."

Great movie. Just watched it again the other day with the wife (who hadn’t seen it). She wasn’t as impressed, lol. Michaleen’s character has some very funny lines in that movie. “Homeric!”