• The KillerFrogs

Briles to interview for OC position at Southern Miss

Pharm Frog

You can't make this up...

I have an idea that a comprehensive audit of college coaches and their willingness to tolerate this stuff to some degree would yield some interesting surprises. Not sure why it takes Briles visiting campus to catalyze journalism. But there’s no doubt now that being in proximity to Briles will generate scrutiny (as it should)

I just spoke with a former colleague who coached baseball at Southern Miss quite awhile ago and he said the heat is getting intense there (as it should)

76132Frog

How men like Art Briles bastardize faith and forgiveness as a short-cut to redemption
"I believe he is a man who does love the Lord and deserves a second chance."

LINDSAY GIBBS FEB 11, 2019, 12:06 PM

It happened again.

Last week, Art Briles — the former Baylor head football coach who was fired in 2016 because of the rampant culture of sexual assault in his program — got another job interview with an elite football program.

This time, Briles was brought in for the offensive coordinator position at Southern Miss University, an NCAA Division I program that plays in Conference USA. Perhaps because of the understandable outrage that ensued when word of his interview became public — after all, according to one lawsuit, 31 football players were accused of committing 52 rapes at Baylor in a four-year period under Briles’ watch — Dr. Rodney Bennett, the president of the university, quickly announced that Briles was no longer a candidate for the position.

https://thinkprogress.org/art-briles-weaponization-faith-710e922e3d20/

Pharm Frog

How men like Art Briles bastardize faith and forgiveness as a short-cut to redemption

It happened again.

Last week, Art Briles — the former Baylor head football coach who was fired in 2016 because of the rampant culture of sexual assault in his program — got another job interview with an elite football program.

This time, Briles was brought in for the offensive coordinator position at Southern Miss University, an NCAA Division I program that plays in Conference USA. Perhaps because of the understandable outrage that ensued when word of his interview became public — after all, according to one lawsuit, 31 football players were accused of committing 52 rapes at Baylor in a four-year period under Briles’ watch — Dr. Rodney Bennett, the president of the university, quickly announced that Briles was no longer a candidate for the position.

Breaking news that Southern Miss is an elite football program...

4 Oaks Frog

Looks like Hopson is cut from the same cloth as Briles. No wonder he wanted to hire Art.
What a scheissing pile of slimy snakes. All is fine, and your good guy status is reinstated if your victims are intimidated into not testify at the trial. scheiss Briles and Hopkins...cut from the same cloth...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Tumbleweed

Had the university not intervened in the Biles matter, that man was as good as hired by Hopson. Then went on to say, he believed Butlies would,be a head coach soon. Frec..ing unbelievable. Okay coach'es throw out integrity, honesty, protocol, pride all in the name of keeping your job and the big bucks.

Atomic Frawg

It happened again.

Ouch

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Have no idea why you singled out “veiled in Christianity” for enhanced revulsion. As for me, you could have stopped at “second chance” and I’d have been in complete agreement. He’s not incarcerated. His liberty is not being curtailed. While I believe in forgiveness, I absolutely do not believe that forgiveness necessarily carries the right to “second chances” - defined as being able to do that which you were doing when you demonstrated abhorrent character and judgement.
I think it has to do with the visceral reaction most people have to a murderer walking onto Court with a big, white leather bound Bible, just to let the more gullible members of the jury know that he's Heard The Word of God, and he's all reformed now. Don't mind the hacked up mess he left behind him, because he's all righteous.

Charlatans like that make a vile mockery of those who are genuinely trying to hold to the path, and prey on their mercy. It is the worst kind of insincerity.

Frog-in-law1995

I think it has to do with the visceral reaction most people have to a murderer walking onto Court with a big, white leather bound Bible, just to let the more gullible members of the jury know that he's Heard The Word of God, and he's all reformed now. Don't mind the hacked up mess he left behind him, because he's all righteous.

Charlatans like that make a vile mockery of those who are genuinely trying to hold to the path, and prey on their mercy. It is the worst kind of insincerity.

People northbound on 35 after work who pretend not to have seen the “exit only lane” sign for NE 28th Street a mile back as they merge left across two lanes are a close second.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
People northbound on 35 after work who pretend not to have seen the “exit only lane” sign for NE 28th Street a mile back as they merge left across two lanes are a close second.
And every idiot in the left lanes of 59 inbound who, suddenly, discover the Spur 527...

Who are these people, and why are they still on the road?