• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: TCU vs #17 ISU

Armadillo

While I mostly agree with this, the flaw in it is that in the vast majority of our games (especially the losses) the freshmen have done almost nothing. Days like today give me great optimism but it needs to become the norm.

Please see Kevin Samuel and Kendrick Davis (and to a lesser extent Lat Mayen). They have all contributed at some point, and have all disappeared or played poorly at other points. That's the definition of a freshman.

But to say they've done "nothing" is wrong.

Go ahead, prove me wrong Moose since you always have to have the last word.

CountryFrog

Please see Kevin Samuel and Kendrick Davis (and to a lesser extent Lat Mayen). They have all contributed at some point, and have all disappeared or played poorly at other points. That's the definition of a freshman.

But to say they've done "nothing" is wrong.

Go ahead, prove me wrong Moose since you always have to have the last word.
I think you're both right to a certain extent. Except for Samuel, the other freshmen don't get consistently high minutes (in part because of some inconsistent play) so they don't produce a whole lot, even when they play decent. And Samuel is just not developed enough offensively right now to expect a lot of scoring from him. He's out there for defense and rebounding.

I like what I've seen from the freshmen for the most part but also agree with Moose that we will likely need even more from them down the stretch if we're going to make a run in March. That doesn't mean we need 22 points from one of them every game, but around 25 combined from them all would be a huge help.

Tom Brown

Are u serious ARob?

You POs.....pass the ball it’s 4 on 1!!! Wow...

So over ABob. Never been a big fan, but he's just being an idiot now.

Unless these fools are named Prince Fowler and Kyan Anderson they should shut what i like to call the scheiss up.

The name calling is pretty weak. Can't you just say "i wish he'd have passed there or how did he not see the open guy?"

There was a play in the game that Noi shouldve passed on the break, how did he escape your immature name calling?

We have a great road win, and our all time assists leader (in 2.5 seasons) is now a piece of [ Finebaum ] idiot??????
JD miller has improved every season on our team, and by all accounts is a great human, but because he makes more mistakes than fanatical alums like, he is "hated".

BABYFACE

ARob is a hell of a player and makes some incredible passes. He is going to make mistakes like any player trying to make something happen. The only thing as a fan I would like to see is from him, is to tighten his game up when there is 5 minutes left in the game when their is a lead or close game.

LisaLT

I'm just pleased they won. I don't really care how they did it, but this was a big, unexpected road win. Yes this team can be very inconsistent, but games like this make you realize how good they can be when everyone steps up at the right time.

I so hope this carries forward - not just until monday, but to finish out the schedule. There is no reason why they can't win 5 or more games IMO. Play hard, and smart.

PS - You can write that down ;)

netty2424

Pretty amazing after the Baylor and Tech games that we can realistically be 7-5 at weeks end. Really hope this team and crowd come out fired up for our remaining home games. Saw on ISU board that we had 16 layups in the 2nd half.
Should be a rowdy full house. Donati and crew handing out shirts for the whiteout.

AroundWorldFrog

Unless these fools are named Prince Fowler and Kyan Anderson they should shut what i like to call the scheiss up.

The name calling is pretty weak. Can't you just say "i wish he'd have passed there or how did he not see the open guy?"

There was a play in the game that Noi shouldve passed on the break, how did he escape your immature name calling?

We have a great road win, and our all time assists leader (in 2.5 seasons) is now a piece of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] idiot??????
JD miller has improved every season on our team, and by all accounts is a great human, but because he makes more mistakes than fanatical alums like, he is "hated".

I guess then ABob should shut the scheiss up and quit screaming at the other players when HE messes up. Or does he not know that is not allowed by the holier than thou on our board. The dude makes mistakes then sits there blaming someone else while the other team scores on a fast break.

Sorry, he doesn't act like a senior leader and honestly, he looks like he's digressed from a much better junior year.

While I mostly agree with this, the flaw in it is that in the vast majority of our games (especially the losses) the freshmen have done almost nothing. Days like today give me great optimism but it needs to become the norm.
I don’t think we are too far apart. My point is that I think some folks expectations are a bit too high for this team. As to the freshman in particular, I’m not real enthused with where Lat and RJ are but I do see improvement in Samuel and Davis...those two are probably where they should be.

I don’t think we are too far apart. My point is that I think some folks expectations are a bit too high for this team. As to the freshman in particular, I’m not real enthused with where Lat and RJ are but I do see improvement in Samuel and Davis...those two are probably where they should be.
*dont think*

Seriously the lack of an edit button is maddening

y2kFrog

I guess then ABob should shut the scheiss up and quit screaming at the other players when HE messes up. Or does he not know that is not allowed by the holier than thou on our board. The dude makes mistakes then sits there blaming someone else while the other team scores on a fast break.

Sorry, he doesn't act like a senior leader and honestly, he looks like he's digressed from a much better junior year.

He has improved every statistical category this year except turnovers are slightly higher. That is probably due to the fact he is trying to make more happen. I think he is playing about as good as he can. As evidence by yesterday, it’s others that need to step up for us to play well.

BABYFACE

Saw on ISU board that we had 16 layups in the 2nd half.
This is what wins games. Some here focus too much on 3 pointers. Layups are a much higher percentage shot. It is not even close.

3 pointers are part of it, but if an offense is built around or settles for 3 pointers, they will not be a winning team imo. Games are won in the paint. Effective 3 point shooting opens up the paint when opposing teams sag back into the paint. Or an effective game in the paint opens up easier 3 point attempts.