• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: TCU vs #17 ISU

Limey Frog

I would put KU and ISU higher the list. KU is struggling on the road and we appeared to give ISU a lot of trouble. I think Davis had the ball in his hands a lot at the end of the OSU game and it continued today. Hopefully, they have found a little something with that lineup. We needed someone beside Bane, Noi, and Arod to step up big time.

Yeah, I was ranking the games pretty much by opponent more than location. At this point the question is whether our (until today) poor road form to date has reflected the teams that we've played, and things will now get easier, or whether we'll continue to hold serve at home even though the opposition will get tougher. Either one of those will get us in the tourney--probably it'll be a bit of both. I'm guessing we find another three home wins and one somewhere else. I think we'll beat OU, and one of @ WVU or @OSU. If we do that, we need two other wins out of five games. Certainly doable.

4th. down

Dog, this is what I've been preaching but the ARob crowd goes ballistic as he is the point guard and all the assists, etc. This is all true, but we are trying to win each game and let the stats. fall where they will.

It's win, period, and that line up today of ARob, Samuel, Bane, Davis, and Noi is money in the bank IF, Jamie let's Davis be point and ARob be like Fisher was, a scoring two. I prefer Noi to start and Miller first off the bench but there is a good argument of the reverse because Noi is such a spark coming off the bench.

Dogfrog

Dog, this is what I've been preaching but the ARob crowd goes ballistic as he is the point guard and all the assists, etc. This is all true, but we are trying to win each game and let the stats. fall where they will.

It's win, period, and that line up today of ARob, Samuel, Bane, Davis, and Noi is money in the bank IF, Jamie let's Davis be point and ARob be like Fisher was, a scoring two. I prefer Noi to start and Miller first off the bench but there is a good argument of the reverse because Noi is such a spark coming off the bench.

Yea, Arob can drive and dish from the off guard position. Shouldn’t make a huge difference in his production but would improve ball control, clock control, and reduce turnovers.

CountryFrog

I'd put all those home games over all the road games except for maybe WVU. Even the best teams in the league have struggled on the road in B12 games this year. I actually expect to beat KU on Monday at home, especially if they're still playing without Vick or the other guard who hurt his ankle (can't think of his name off the top of my head).
And of course I say this on a day when road teams are about to be 4-1.

Waccy Frog

It’s all so simple! Thank god Dixon read your posts!

Go Frogs, what a HUGE win.

tetonfrog

That lineup worked because Davis stepped up his game. That lineup does not work when KD shoots 2-of-9 over the last several games with more turnovers than assists. He played great against ISU and we will need him to keep playing great.

ARob definitely tries to do too much sometimes, but he played strong in the second half yesterday. So did Bane. Noi and KD carried us in the first half, but those two guys played well in the second half.

As we pick apart every aspect of every possession of every game this Frog team plays, we would do well to recall this pull quote from this morning’s Carlos Mendez PressBox DFW piece:

“The guys they have are now just 11 players, only two seniors among them, with six freshman, and only four at all who had seen a minute of Big 12 action before this year. TCU is one of just five teams in Division I (Chattanooga, Kentucky, South Dakota and UNC-Asheville) with a majority of freshman on the roster, according to the school’s sports information office.”

MTfrog5

As we pick apart every aspect of every possession of every game this Frog team plays, we would do well to recall this pull quote from this morning’s Carlos Mendez PressBox DFW piece:

“The guys they have are now just 11 players, only two seniors among them, with six freshman, and only four at all who had seen a minute of Big 12 action before this year. TCU is one of just five teams in Division I (Chattanooga, Kentucky, South Dakota and UNC-Asheville) with a majority of freshman on the roster, according to the school’s sports information office.”
Experience this team is getting is going to be valuable next year especially if Fuller and Smith can contribute and if we can get a grad transfer PG to help Davis.

Moose Stuff

While I mostly agree with this, the flaw in it is that in the vast majority of our games (especially the losses) the freshmen have done almost nothing. Days like today give me great optimism but it needs to become the norm.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not to mention from what I’ve read, Farabello is an ARob type player (pass first). Hopefully with far fewer turnovers
Based on the utter nonsense I’ve seen in this thread, if he is like Arob, half the people here will tear him down over and over again for every little thing. He should go somewhere else without ass hole fans like we have on here.

They know who they are. Bunch of people that have never contributed a damn thing but feel it necessary to try and destroy the efforts of TCU athletes because that athlete didn’t see, in real game time, a pass that was so obvious to a computer geek watching on tv. They can go eabod. They don’t deserve everything TCU has done over the past few decades.