• The KillerFrogs

When you say "flyby"... (Attn. J. Donati)

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
2 things:

1. The F-14 is the greatest aircraft ever bestowed upon us by God himself.

2. In the 2007 Armed Forces Bowl there was a B1 flyover, south to north. It was epic as darn.

Frog92

2 things:

1. The F-14 is the greatest aircraft ever bestowed upon us by God himself.

2. In the 2007 Armed Forces Bowl there was a B1 flyover, south to north. It was epic as darn.
Rangers home openers have occasionally featured a B1 as well. Like the formation F16s, but the audio of a low B1 flyover is my favorite.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Rangers home openers have occasionally featured a B1 as well. Like the formation F16s, but the audio of a low B1 flyover is my favorite.
They need to up the ante and have an F35 "hover over." Even dip into the stadium and scream everyone's ears off. It would be epic.

Brog

way back there we used to sit in front of what we called the Student Union, looking west over the great big parking lot between us and the stadium, and watch the B-36'es take off from Carswell heading south. They said there were B=36'es in the air 24 hours a day to protect us from Russia. I guess it worked, as Russia never attacked. The B-36s had huge swept back wings with three big propeller engines on each wing. At that time, the latest thing.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
way back there we used to sit in front of what we called the Student Union, looking west over the great big parking lot between us and the stadium, and watch the B-36'es take off from Carswell heading south. They said there were B=36'es in the air 24 hours a day to protect us from Russia. I guess it worked, as Russia never attacked. The B-36s had huge swept back wings with three big propeller engines on each wing. At that time, the latest thing.

6 “rear facing” props and an outrigger jet engine on the end. Strangely cool looking bomber.

We used have keg parties over on the hills overlooking Eagle Mountain lake and watch shot up Buffs come back from Vietnam to be repaired at Carswell.

4 burning and 6 turning.

#thatsalotofengines

ShadowFrog

Moderators
That’s a helluva good memory tho I might differ on the “swept” wings.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
4 burning and 6 turning.

#thatsalotofengines
I remember reading on some of the USAF Veterans forums of the brown-shoe boys who maintained that old girl & her 336 spark plugs. Some claimed a few crew chiefs actually perfected the gaps & timing on all 336 but I’m guessing those were legends or, if true, those poor schmuckes had either absolutely no lives, vices or time off.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.