• The KillerFrogs

GoFundMe: Help Devon Berry Stay at TCU

tcumaniac

I was initially skeptical of this. Thought it was setting a dangerous precedent if people were going to post a gofundme every time they need help with tuition.

I apologize for that. This is definitely a unique situation, and Devon an inspiring young man. Proud he's a Horned Frog. Hope he can stay in school.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

I was initially skeptical of this. Thought it was setting a dangerous precedent if people were going to post a gofundme every time they need help with tuition.

I apologize for that. This is definitely a unique situation, and Devon an inspiring young man. Proud he's a Horned Frog. Hope he can stay in school.
Same here. I did some background before posting here. Seems like TCU could step in and help this young man out as well. Maybe there is more to the story, but for now, I want to believe I am actually helping.

froginmn

I know he has a disability, but is he in any way involved in intercollegiate athletics? I had heard he wanted to walk on and play football last year; not sure whether he is formally in the track and field program either.

If so, wouldn't that make this against the rules?

WhatTheFrog

Not everyone is meant to attend a private college. Just saying.

There are also other ways to qualify for attending such a university.

If God wills it, so it will be. It has nothing at all to do with my personal opinion.

Am I being a weewee? Possibly. I did what I did according to the rules at the time. Again, not everyone is is meant to attend this school, no matter what the conditions are. It sucks that it's much harder to attend now than it was back 20ish years ago.

Chico Dusty

If God wills it, so it will be. It has nothing at all to do with my personal opinion.

Am I being a weewee? Possibly. I did what I did according to the rules at the time. Again, not everyone is is meant to attend this school, no matter what the conditions are. It sucks that it's much harder to attend now than it was back 20ish years ago.

What a punk response

Devon Berry

I hear what you are saying I’m Devon Berry I respect your opinion sir. I worked hard to get here I believe in TCU and this is great university in order to be something you have to do something I will graduate from TCU Mark my Words Go Frogs ! Thank you for your response and support

Chico Dusty

I hear what you are saying I’m Devon Berry I respect your opinion sir. I worked hard to get here I believe in TCU and this is great university in order to be something you have to do something I will graduate from TCU Mark my Words Go Frogs ! Thank you for your response and support

Devon! Best of luck to you. You’re an inspiration - glad you’re a Frog. Keep fighting the good fight. I really enjoyed your ESPN piece!

WhatTheFrog

Devon, thank you for your response and your attitude. I will admit that I had not looked at the GFM before posting my response. Like another poster, I saw a GFM for tuition and my first thought was "Oh crap, here we go." My apologies for that.

You seem to be a very driven young man. I do believe that you will be successful in this endeavor and well into your future. Hang onto that attitude and don't become a cynical old fart like me. Good luck and keep it up!