• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

Moose Stuff

This is getting a bit ridiculous, but not unexpected I guess.

At some point it's like why bother recruiting and developing QBs, why not just go year-by-year and take on grad transfers. There'll be plenty available and if your school is a desirable destination, pretty good chance you'll land a good one. That first part is sort of tongue in cheek, but having a solid future depth chart at QB isn't nearly as important as it once was. It hasn't negatively impacted us yet, but one of these years we're probably going to lose a kid unexpectedly and it's gonna suck.

Ummmmmm..... Shawn Robinson?

Wexahu

I get it trust me...But risk reward...Delton is a stop gap and I feel like even if JR isn’t ready I’d take my chances throwing Dug and MC in the fire...I think there is enough talent around the QB position to at least gets us in the hunt for a bowl game and you’ve set the program better for the future.

I know it isn’t perfect but ....risk reward..I want ALL the important off season reps going to a guy who will be here in 2-3 years

Rogers and Duggan are still going to be freshman next year. It's not like Delton is getting in the way of their careers. In a normal situation, those two wouldn't be starters until 2020 at the earliest anyway, and Delton is gone by then. You can't go into a season with two freshman who have never played as your backups unless you're just asking for trouble.

Froggish

You can't go into a season with two freshman who have never played as your backups unless you're just asking for trouble.

False....Legit programs do it all the time and quite successfully.....Is it a risk...Absolutely. The risk is about development...Reps Reps Reps Make QBs better

FrogCop19

It's tough to argue that seven months and four days is more than seven months and two days.
Technically, it's not hard to argue at all. Watch.

214 days is more than 212 days.

See?

But seriously, when you're shopping yourself around and no one is buying, desperation sets in. With all the flailing around in the dark, eventually you're going to hit SOMETHING, right? Plus it's not like he can't stay at Texas. He just OPENED the portal, he didn't step all the way through.