• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

Eight

That’s good, right?

relative, if you are cleveland they are building statues,

philadelphia they have run you out of town multiple times

dallas after winning 3 super bowls in 4 years they give you money to build a new stadium as well as money for a new practice facility that you just happen to own a [ Finebaum ]load of the real estate zoned commercial around it so yeah........good

Last edited:

ThisIsOurTime

Austin Kendall looks like he is transferring to West Virginia. OU had blocked his attempt but changed their mind after getting Jalen Hurts. All this may also explain the Alex Delton news.

netty2424

You know, wouldn’t mind if the staff takes a flyer on this guy. Looked ok at times, just didn’t necessarily fit that offense and probably would like to have functioning brain cells later in life, which Ehrlinger clearly won’t have.
You think Riley was a prick for initially blocking Kendall to WVU, there’s zero chance Tommy Grillz let’s Buchelle head up to Ft Worth. No way, no how.

berryfrog95

Do we have enough Qbs now? Liking the Delton move more than I initially thought.

I was waiting to see if Buechele would enter the portal, could be good in another setting

Froggish

At this point it feels like taking any more QBs into the program would be counter productive to growing up JR and Duggan..

I can appreciate Delton being a depth play but if it is most likely going to be at the expense of one of our young guys. My criticism of Delton all along have been through that lense. Yes I know we need a 4th QB but the OPTIMIST in me was hoping we would pour all our first team reps into the young talent we have at the position.

Adding Downing and Delton now puts us a 5Qbs...Who gets the attention of Cumbie?..

Wexahu

At this point it feels like taking any more QBs into the program would be counter productive to growing up JR and Duggan..

I can appreciate Delton being a depth play but if it is most likely going to be at the expense of one of our young guys. My criticism of Delton all along have been through that lense. Yes I know we need a 4th QB but the OPTIMIST in me was hoping we would pour all our first team reps into the young talent we have at the position.

Adding Downing and Delton now puts us a 5Qbs...Who gets the attention of Cumbie?..

Just imagine going into next season without Delton and then Collins tears his knee up in the first game. Then what? You've got a kid trying to get through dropfoot that's played 3 snaps of football since September 2017, and a true freshman. In other words, potentially a really really bad situation and a totally lost season, which I don't think we can afford right now. First and foremost we need to win games.

Wexahu

Do we have enough Qbs now? Liking the Delton move more than I initially thought.

I was waiting to see if Buechele would enter the portal, could be good in another setting

This is getting a bit ridiculous, but not unexpected I guess.

At some point it's like why bother recruiting and developing QBs, why not just go year-by-year and take on grad transfers. There'll be plenty available and if your school is a desirable destination, pretty good chance you'll land a good one. That first part is sort of tongue in cheek, but having a solid future depth chart at QB isn't nearly as important as it once was. It hasn't negatively impacted us yet, but one of these years we're probably going to lose a kid unexpectedly and it's gonna suck.

Froggish

Just imagine going into next season without Delton and then Collins tears his knee up in the first game. Then what? You've got a kid trying to get through dropfoot that's played 3 snaps of football since September 2017, and a true freshman. In other words, potentially a really really bad situation and a totally lost season, which I don't think we can afford right now. First and foremost we need to win games.
I get it trust me...But risk reward...Delton is a stop gap and I feel like even if JR isn’t ready I’d take my chances throwing Dug and MC in the fire...I think there is enough talent around the QB position to at least gets us in the hunt for a bowl game and you’ve set the program better for the future.

I know it isn’t perfect but ....risk reward..I want ALL the important off season reps going to a guy who will be here in 2-3 years