• The KillerFrogs

Corpus Christi Caller-Times: Refugio pitcher Kelley decommits from TCU, chooses Texas

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Corpus Christi Caller-Times: Refugio pitcher Kelley decommits from TCU, chooses Texas

Quinton Martinez, Corpus Christi Caller Times

Refugio junior pitcher Jared Kelley, who has been committed to TCU since he was a freshman, announced on his Twitter account that he has decommitted from the Horned Frogs and has instead pledged to the University of Texas.

"Made a visit today and couldn't help but feel right at home! Thank you to TCU for offering me at such a young age but my heart has always been with the Longhorns! Happy to announce i will be attending the University of Texas to further my education and baseball career! #hookem," the tweet stated.

Read more at https://www.caller.com/story/sports...-texas-longhorns-college-baseball/2554474002/

Raw Frog

Could be a blessing in disguise since it will force Schloss to go get another pitcher that will not be so highly touted to go pro, but could be a heck of a college pitcher....trying to find the bright side.

flyfishingfrog

Could be a blessing in disguise since it will force Schloss to go get another pitcher that will not be so highly touted to go pro, but could be a heck of a college pitcher....trying to find the bright side.
Hoping this... I feel the same that hopefully we either never really factored this kid showing up into the equation to begin with or find someone to replace him that will actually make campus

I don’t see how anyone would seriously think the top rated HS pitcher in the country is going to pass up the signing bonus he will be eligible for to attend college unless his family situation is really unique like his dad played college before pro and is a big man on campus (roger) or they just don’t need the money at all and really believe school is important to attend while you are college age, not later