• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

Bob Sugar

Another name to add to the list could be Tate Martell. He apparently has had enough at Ohio State and added his name to the transfer portal. I also believe TCU recruited him some out of high school. He has a skill set that fits our offense but don't know where his talent level is at this point.

But he also still has a mighty big ego which can complicate things:

"There's probably a ton of other schools I could be starting for right now," Martell added, pointing to the success that former Buckeyes quarterback Joe Burrow had at LSU.

"Joe leaves, only gets one summer with a team and there he is a starting quarterback for a top SEC program," he said.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-name-ncaa-transfer-portal-according-source
giphy.gif

ticketfrog123

Another name to add to the list could be Tate Martell. He apparently has had enough at Ohio State and added his name to the transfer portal. I also believe TCU recruited him some out of high school. He has a skill set that fits our offense but don't know where his talent level is at this point.

But he also still has a mighty big ego which can complicate things:

"There's probably a ton of other schools I could be starting for right now," Martell added, pointing to the success that former Buckeyes quarterback Joe Burrow had at LSU.

"Joe leaves, only gets one summer with a team and there he is a starting quarterback for a top SEC program," he said.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-name-ncaa-transfer-portal-according-source

Gary passed on Baker because of his ego.

Tate is much worse, there’s no shot.

FrogLifeYo

If not Jalen then who?....Seems like most the Grad QBs in the portal are off the board..If no Jalen are we safe to say we are standing pat with our current 3?

4th. down

Interesting that Austin Kendall is a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility..Rather then the normal 1..

If that's true, we need to make a realistic push for him. He's a reasonable stop-gap, Hurts, don't think he is seriously considering us. Could Kendall beat out Collins?