• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Alabama’s Jalen Hurts decides to transfer ... TCU could be “perfect landing spot”

jake102

he doesn't fit the mold of a run-and-shoot QB at all. I know we don't seem to run that offense much, if at all (honestly, I'm not really sure what offense we run), but give me a guy that first and foremost can pass the ball.

I think you're right that he doesn't fit what our offense is meant to be. But for one year, 2019, I think he makes sense with the offense we are returning. Our OL looked great running the ball against Cal, we return two senior RBs and really only have one WR who we can count on who happens to be amazing. It's a great set-up for a QB who isn't a top notch passer but runs the ball very well, and doesn't turn it over. RB run, QB run, play action to Reagor, run, run, etc.

FrogLifeYo

It would have been really nice to have him given our current QB situation, but looking for a silver lining in probably not getting him he doesn't fit the mold of a run-and-shoot QB at all. I know we don't seem to run that offense much, if at all (honestly, I'm not really sure what offense we run), but give me a guy that first and foremost can pass the ball.
We haven’t been run and shoot since midway through the 2016 season..

AroundWorldFrog

Hurts going to OU just doesn't faze me for some reason like Mayfield or Murray. I think he's a good QB, but not necessarily a great one. Hell, I might have gone 26-2 with the crowd he had at Bama around him.

Edt. And yes, I'd be happy if he came to TCU. I'd be just as happy if Rogers were 100% healthy and could start from day one.

asleep003

Hurts going to OU just doesn't faze me for some reason like Mayfield or Murray. I think he's a good QB, but not necessarily a great one. Hell, I might have gone 26-2 with the crowd he had at Bama around him.

Edt. And yes, I'd be happy if he came to TCU. I'd be just as happy if Rogers were 100% healthy and could start from day one.

Just as Happy.?. Please keep in mind Tyler Matthews came in healthy, with just as high profile as Justin. We can't put our eggs in that basket alone. Minimum, we need JC depth, with only 3 QB scholarships.