• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

Realtorfrog

And he plays at TCU now?

We
I know who he is. The “what?” was because I don’t understand what you’re talking about on a couple different levels. The main one being that we don’t have anyone close to Jace Amaro on this team

Someone posted..... if the Tech offense had anything but screens and Cumbie lack of play calling is because Tech doesn’t throw across the middle. I was pointing out they have in the past

stbrab

So no transfer QB despite this being a priority?
I was listening to XM 84 on my way back to work at lunch. The guy being interviewed was with ESPN...Joel Anderson, I believe. He thinks Hurts will come back to the state of Texas, and his most likely destination would be TCU. He didn't think Hurts would be a good fit at any of the other Texas schools or OU.

ticketfrog123

I don’t know the last day they can enroll this semester, but it doesn’t start until next week. Also, many on this board have decided it is a priority, but I don’t know if GP as said it was.

January 18. The lack of any news (dead silent) on this front makes me think it’s hurts or nobody.

ticketfrog123

I’m pretty sure any grad transfer would wait for Hurts to make his move first. That’s probably why things are quiet on that front.

Nope. We’ve seen a handful declare for NFL or transfer elsewhere. The top 5 or so guys named in articles have already made their choice.

FrogLifeYo

Well, we did have to play 4 QB’s this year, even if was only 3 plays.
I’m sure we’ll need a guy no doubt, Imagine you’re a Grad Transfer who’s been a starter..Would you leave knowing your going to be a back up QB? Nobody would. Anyone coming here is coming having been led to believe they are going to be the starter or get a fair shake at it. I’m not sure of how many guy are out there on the current grad transfer market that you could make that promise with a straight face

Eight

So no transfer QB despite this being a priority?

there was time where i experienced no activity in a certain area despite it being a priority to me.

problem was finding a girl who said that it was equally a priority to her and i think that is similar to the current situation tcu finds in the qb transfer market.

don't panic, they haven't flipped the lights on yet and more than one late night miracle has taken place when you keep your composure.

ThisIsOurTime

Another name to add to the list could be Tate Martell. He apparently has had enough at Ohio State and added his name to the transfer portal. I also believe TCU recruited him some out of high school. He has a skill set that fits our offense but don't know where his talent level is at this point.

But he also still has a mighty big ego which can complicate things:

"There's probably a ton of other schools I could be starting for right now," Martell added, pointing to the success that former Buckeyes quarterback Joe Burrow had at LSU.

"Joe leaves, only gets one summer with a team and there he is a starting quarterback for a top SEC program," he said.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-name-ncaa-transfer-portal-according-source

Chongo94

Another name to add to the list could be Tate Martell. He apparently has had enough at Ohio State and added his name to the transfer portal. I also believe TCU recruited him some out of high school. He has a skill set that fits our offense but don't know where his talent level is at this point.

But he also still has a mighty big ego which can complicate things:

"There's probably a ton of other schools I could be starting for right now," Martell added, pointing to the success that former Buckeyes quarterback Joe Burrow had at LSU.

"Joe leaves, only gets one summer with a team and there he is a starting quarterback for a top SEC program," he said.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-name-ncaa-transfer-portal-according-source

Not only no but hell to f no! I’d easily never attend another football game again if this dbag transferred here. Guy is even more of a egotistical ass than Mayfield and that’s almost impossible.

Chongo94

i

Yeah, I don’t want this cool bro anywhere near TCU.

Last edited: