• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Backstory on this kid..... committed to Baylor right before signing day but didn’t sign. Widely assumed he would commit to TCU if offered. Wonder if we can read anything into this offer on terms of what it means for Catalon.

texas_sicilian

Backstory on this kid..... committed to Baylor right before signing day but didn’t sign. Widely assumed he would commit to TCU if offered. Wonder if we can read anything into this offer on terms of what it means for Catalon.
Dsfdfs.jpg

texas_sicilian

Would love to have Catalon but another 5’-9 safety isn’t ideal...it used to be loaded up on undersized WRs, now its safety..
Maybe he won’t even end up at safety... if he’s talented, smart, and a hard worker, I’m sure McGyver (aka Patterson), will fashion a logical position... make an RB a stud DE, make a QB a stud LB, make a safety a ?

Eight

if we are going to take 2 of any position in the remaining group for 2019 i am good with 2 more de's or 2 more interior offensive linemen.

two reasons

first, frogs already have 6 safeties on their current roster who are either a true freshman or red-shirt freshmen. add in mccuin, foster and possibly winter and that gives you 9 safeties in 2 grade classifications.

second, everyone gets excited by the one handed catches by the clemson frosh receiver and the play of the frosh quarterback, but that game was won by clemson in the lines. ou has manhandled tcu in the last 3 games which seems to get lost when everyone talkes about murray and baker.

frogs aren't good enough in the lines yet to win the big 12 and have needs at defensive end and interior line

FrogLifeYo

if we are going to take 2 of any position in the remaining group for 2019 i am good with 2 more de's or 2 more interior offensive linemen.

two reasons

first, frogs already have 6 safeties on their current roster who are either a true freshman or red-shirt freshmen. add in mccuin, foster and possibly winter and that gives you 9 safeties in 2 grade classifications.

second, everyone gets excited by the one handed catches by the clemson frosh receiver and the play of the frosh quarterback, but that game was won by clemson in the lines. ou has manhandled tcu in the last 3 games which seems to get lost when everyone talkes about murray and baker.

frogs aren't good enough in the lines yet to win the big 12 and have needs at defensive end and interior line
I agree that that games are essentially won and lost by the lines. I wonder what would happen if you relooked at Big12 Recruiting only evaluating OL and DL. Would we still grade out as having the 3rd best class?