• The KillerFrogs

at the risk of never hosting the oscar's this is one of the gayest pictures i have ever seen

Froglaw

Sugar_Bowl_Football_20489.jpeg

In the morning I'm making waffles!

bleedpurple

Matthew is actually quite the deep thinker as evidenced by this discussion of his Lincoln commercials.

"Sometimes you got to go back… to actually move forward, and I don’t mean going back to reminisce, or chase ghosts, I mean going back to see where you came from, where you've been, how you got here and see where you’re going. I know there are those that say you can’t go back. Yes, you can. You just have to look in the right place.”

While this ad has been lampooned by critics, it strikes me such rabble-rousers profoundly misunderstand what McConaughey is truly discussing: Competing Quantum Mechanics interpretations.

It seems clear to me that McConaughey is in fact, discussing quantum entanglement (as exemplified by Schrödinger's cat, among other notable thought experiments).

In fact, McConaughey seems to be ruminating on the dissonance between Schrodinger's theory... and that of Hugh Everett, whose Many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics provides an alternate POV.

Thus the essential questions: Are we here now.. or before.. or later.. or concurrently? Whose perception should govern? And if we are here now, and then, before and later, need we go back to go forward?

You know?

That McConaughey is unable to decide between these two complicated and competing ideas in a 60 second spot is to his credit, not to his discredit. It is hard to unravel the mysteries of the universe in a mere minute (although, a minute, if considered over an infinite number of universes, would afford infinite time to speculate, point ceded...)

I guess what I'm trying to say is: At the atomic level, this ad gets very complicated.

Of course, I may be overthinking this.
Too much big bang?

froghair

Matthew is actually quite the deep thinker as evidenced by this discussion of his Lincoln commercials.

"Sometimes you got to go back… to actually move forward, and I don’t mean going back to reminisce, or chase ghosts, I mean going back to see where you came from, where you've been, how you got here and see where you’re going. I know there are those that say you can’t go back. Yes, you can. You just have to look in the right place.”

While this ad has been lampooned by critics, it strikes me such rabble-rousers profoundly misunderstand what McConaughey is truly discussing: Competing Quantum Mechanics interpretations.

It seems clear to me that McConaughey is in fact, discussing quantum entanglement (as exemplified by Schrödinger's cat, among other notable thought experiments).

In fact, McConaughey seems to be ruminating on the dissonance between Schrodinger's theory... and that of Hugh Everett, whose Many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics provides an alternate POV.

Thus the essential questions: Are we here now.. or before.. or later.. or concurrently? Whose perception should govern? And if we are here now, and then, before and later, need we go back to go forward?

You know?

That McConaughey is unable to decide between these two complicated and competing ideas in a 60 second spot is to his credit, not to his discredit. It is hard to unravel the mysteries of the universe in a mere minute (although, a minute, if considered over an infinite number of universes, would afford infinite time to speculate, point ceded...)

I guess what I'm trying to say is: At the atomic level, this ad gets very complicated.

Of course, I may be overthinking this.
I thought he was just contemplating taking a dump