• The KillerFrogs

Boycott Championship Game

Bruce Berry

Bet Clemson over 26. That appears to have worked out.

If they win the game I'll be buying everyone on this board a drink.

Thank you Dabo, thank you Trevor and all those wonderful pioneers who invented "the line". You are all special to me.

It's lot 3 -spaces 345/346. Just say Clemson and I'll take care of you. (Pre game fireball shots are our speciality).

Purp

Thank you Dabo, thank you Trevor and all those wonderful pioneers who invented "the line". You are all special to me.

It's lot 3 -spaces 345/346. Just say Clemson and I'll take care of you. (Pre game fireball shots are our speciality).
You there for basketball? Baseball?

Deep Purple

He had to explain it to YOU. Everyone else understood.
You took a poll?

I demand documentation.

latest

hiphopfroggy

in the bcs world we would have had bama and clemson play this year.

in the bowl world i don't recall the conference tie in for the acc, but bama would have been in the sugar bowl 3 of the last 4 years.

at one time the polls would have decided it prior to the bowl games

i am an advocate of going to 8 teams in the play-off, but until other programs rise to the same levels we will see the same pattern repeat.

funny thing is this is not new for college football. we have seen programs dominate for a period of time for decades.

But those teams, in the modern era at least, Nebraska, Miami, et al were found to be cheating or "beating the system" somehow someway. So really all it takes is a level playing field for parody. I'm not saying that it has ever existed in college football just that it would make it much better. As it stands there is zero motivation for me to watch any non TCU football game unless its the last week of conference play and TCU is fighting for a championship game spot.

Nobody asked for or wanted this current 4 team invitational other than Bill Hancock. When guys from Hawaii are choosing to go to Alabama, there is something seriously, dreadfully wrong, my soul will not accept it.

Eight

But those teams, in the modern era at least, Nebraska, Miami, et al were found to be cheating or "beating the system" somehow someway. So really all it takes is a level playing field for parody. I'm not saying that it has ever existed in college football just that it would make it much better. As it stands there is zero motivation for me to watch any non TCU football game unless its the last week of the conference play and TCU is fighting for a championship game spot.

Nobody asked for or wanted this current 4 team invitational other than Bill Hancock. When guys from Hawaii are choosing to go to Alabama, there is something seriously, dreadfully wrong, my soul will not accept it.

so when a quarterback from pennsylvaina opted to play for bear back in the 60's that was right?

ou has cheated all the way back to bud wilkerson, army had an academic scandal back in the 50's, and if you think national recruiting is an issue i really don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Wexahu

But those teams, in the modern era at least, Nebraska, Miami, et al were found to be cheating or "beating the system" somehow someway. So really all it takes is a level playing field for parody. I'm not saying that it has ever existed in college football just that it would make it much better. As it stands there is zero motivation for me to watch any non TCU football game unless its the last week of conference play and TCU is fighting for a championship game spot.

Really?

We've got kids from Washington and Connecticut on our team, and will have one from Australia next year. What's the big difference?

hiphopfroggy

so when a quarterback from pennsylvaina opted to play for bear back in the 60's that was right?

If it were would you recall it so vividly?

Nevertheless, I'm not promoting pre NY6 era just admonishing the failure to improve the system when that is what the populous was clamoring for and told they would receive.

This ^#*$ sucks.

hiphopfroggy

Really?

We've got kids from Washington and Connecticut on our team, and will have one from Australia next year. What's the big difference?

Not kids with offers from every program in the nation.

Its no coincidence the, ahem state school of Alabama and the ag school of South Carolina are the only contenders year after year. To be honest, those are not the schools TCU should be striving to keep company with, regardless of the topic of discussion.

Pharm Frog

Liked for the ironic use of “parody”

Eight

If it were would you recall it so vividly?

Nevertheless, I'm not promoting pre NY6 era just admonishing the failure to improve the system when that is what the populous was clamoring for and told they would receive.

This ^#*$ sucks.

i remember it because it was joe namath and not that something was wrong.

the one thing you get when you read the old testament is a reminder that no sin is a new sin and the world has had issues for a very long time.

college football is no different.

Wexahu

Not kids with offers from every program in the nation.

Its no coincidence the, ahem state school of Alabama and the ag school of South Carolina are the only contenders year after year. To be honest, those are not the schools TCU should be striving to keep company with, regardless of the topic of discussion.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about other than TCU isn't doing as well as some of these other teams. That's really what sucks, right? Should we go back to the Mountain West where wins were a lot easier to come by?

The 2010 TCU team was comprised of recruiting classes that averaged about 55th, and there are more than a few people on here who claim that was the best team in the country. Was it? And now for some reason unless we recruit Top 20 classes every year we can't compete. Can you explain that?

Mean Purple

guessing he got his tuition covered too. not a bad deal. obviously, not a lot of money for spending, but he spent all his time studying and in football while doing that. Which means meals while at work, etc. Not a bad way to get a grad degree and get into coaching. Assistants in general are underpayed.
And now, Clemson banks off the current investment.

Mean Purple

So, lemme get this straight: Saban got his ass handed to him, Clemson looked really good, ESPN still sucks green donkey balls, and the halftime show was degenerate nonsense.

Gosh! These threads so fully encapsulate the action, it is easy to enjoy alternative programming, hit the sack relatively early, read a good book for a little while, and enjoy a great night's sleep, all without having to deal with 38 gajillion commercials, blisteringly stupid commentary, and staying up for 4 1/2 hours just to find out what the hell happened. Instead, it's all here!
The marching band were shown on ESPN News on the "command center" broadcast. At least Clemson was. And they were really good. So you pretty much have the whole thing.