• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

flyfishingfrog

Brutal. If Alok can't get healthy, making the tournament will be a miracle.

Sure wish Archie hadn't bolted 10 games into the season.
Same for Angus really - amazing to think that with the exception of Davis, the two new guys who would be benefiting the most from injuries right now decided they didn't want to put in the time to prove they belonged in the rotation.

MTfrog5

Same for Angus really - amazing to think that with the exception of Davis, the two new guys who would be benefiting the most from injuries right now decided they didn't want to put in the time to prove they belonged in the rotation.
I thought it was interesting Dixon said postgame he’s still on campus. To me that sounds like the door isn’t completely shut for him

flyfishingfrog

I thought it was interesting Dixon said postgame he’s still on campus. To me that sounds like the door isn’t completely shut for him
Yeah - I did think that was interesting but to be honest, isn't that true for anyone that puts themselves in the transfer portal up until they actually sign with a new school?

If I think back to even my days of playing, I can literally list hundreds of guys I know that used the injury of another player to elevate themselves to the starting position and never gave it up by proving they deserved it.

I think both those guys obviously earned a lot of the accolades they had coming into TCU - if they stuck it out, I feel confident both would show us what others saw in the them vs running to find someplace else and hoping they are an instant fit there.

netty2424

Yeah - I did think that was interesting but to be honest, isn't that true for anyone that puts themselves in the transfer portal up until they actually sign with a new school?

If I think back to even my days of playing, I can literally list hundreds of guys I know that used the injury of another player to elevate themselves to the starting position and never gave it up by proving they deserved it.

I think both those guys obviously earned a lot of the accolades they had coming into TCU - if they stuck it out, I feel confident both would show us what others saw in the them vs running to find someplace else and hoping they are an instant fit there.
If a kid declares him or herself eligible to the transfer portal, it would seem logical that they would lose their scholarship effective immediately.

flyfishingfrog

If a kid declares him or herself eligible to the transfer portal, it would seem logical that they would lose their scholarship effective immediately.
maybe - at least for a new semester - but my point is if Angus decided to stay - or Kaden for that matter - they are just as eligible to "stay" as they are to leave until they sign with another team.

Its not like they have given up amateur status or we have given away their scholarship at this point.

MTfrog5

I agree, but I took it as he signed up for classes and still enrolled where as Archie is not enrolled at TCU. Angus could unenroll next week to your point though and I guess he would have until the census date to enroll elsewhere.

netty2424

Timing is interesting...my guess is that he doesn’t play the rest of the year.
That would be most unfortunate for Fish. Hopefully it’s not that serious.

Maybe the forum doctors can shed some light on why a knee fills with fluid? Assumed that would be a cartilage tear maybe?

flyfishingfrog

Our conference is definitely setting up to be murderers row this year- anyone can beat anyone it seems

An 0-2 OSU is pounding a 2-0 Texas

And a Baylor team that we beat without Fish is leading the team that just took down kansas

Gonna be a hell of a ride