• The KillerFrogs

Way too early 2019 Top 25 (football list)

Bob Sugar

No, but surprised about some of the programs in the list (Nebraska, Army, as two examples).
Army is 21-5 in the last two years. What, do you hate America or something?

murica-gif-13.gif

7Zd8.gif

images

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

rBcEUSQ.gif

Casey T

I hear UT loses 9 starters on defense and 5ish more on offense... if true they should take a step back but we'll see. They are the only 4-loss team to finish at #9 in the AP poll since at least 1995, I just got tired of checking by the time I was that far back

Casey T

I hear UT loses 9 starters on defense and 5ish more on offense... if true they should take a step back but we'll see. They are the only 4-loss team to finish at #9 in the AP poll since at least 1995, I just got tired of checking by the time I was that far back

And for some reference, the only other 4-loss team to finish in the top 10 in that time period was last year's Auburn team who beat final AP #1 & #2 Bama and Georgia. Auburn finished at #10 that year

LVH

OU writer not to big on TCU either picking Frogs to finish just ahead of Kansas and Kansas State in B12:

http://landgrantgauntlet.com/2019/01/08/way-way-way-way-too-early-2019-big-12-power-rankings/

As someone who has been in the industry for a while, writers know nothing. What are their credentials? Oh so they went to journalism school at a college? How does that give them more insight or perspective on the sport they are covering? Did they play at a high level? Did they play the sport at all?

Go ahead and trust them for their beat coverage, but in terms of predictions, insights or analysis, I'd rather listen to people who actually have experience playing and/or coaching the sport at a high level

pgdaly84

I don't want to be. We haven't earned it and we need a chip on our shoulder. Our best seasons are when we are not ranked to start the year it seems

Agreed on the chip, but the Rose Bowl team started out #6 IIRC. We were #2 in 2015 and would’ve made a NY6 bowl at the least if we didn’t have an insane amount of injuries.

netty2424

They’ve had some ridiculous recruiting classes. They should just be reloading at this point.