• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

Chongo94

Well that was quick, Kingsbury May have resigned from USC. Reports are early and sketchy but he apparently is being allowed to interview for NFL HC jobs, which blows my mind as to why the NFL would want him as a head coach.

Anyway, one I saw said that it means he most likely resigned as OC of USC.

Eight

Well that was quick, Kingsbury May have resigned from USC. Reports are early and sketchy but he apparently is being allowed to interview for NFL HC jobs, which blows my mind.

i don't know if he resigned, it was my understanding that usc had reversed course and was now going to allow him to interview for nfl jobs.

Chongo94

i don't know if he resigned, it was my understanding that usc had reversed course and was now going to allow him to interview for nfl jobs.

Yes, that’s correct but some reports are saying it most likely means he has resigned as OC and one I saw said he was fired even. So pretty all over the place at the moment.

Eight

Yes, that’s correct but some reports are saying it most likely means he has resigned as OC and one I saw said he was fired even. So pretty all over the place at the moment.

i can't imagine he was fired nor can i imagine they forced him to resign.

how in the world would you get any staff of any merit if they know they are locked in at usc.

Wexahu

Well that was quick, Kingsbury May have resigned from USC. Reports are early and sketchy but he apparently is being allowed to interview for NFL HC jobs, which blows my mind as to why the NFL would want him as a head coach.

So compiling a 35-40 record over six years at Texas Tech and being their least successful coach in over 30 years makes you a hot commodity in the NFL? KK needs to pay his PR guy half his salary.

Chongo94

i can't imagine he was fired nor can i imagine they forced him to resign.

how in the world would you get any staff of any merit if they know they are locked in at usc.

Agreed, although I believe he had threatened to resign if not allowed to interview so if the resignation part is true, then I assume that’s how it probably went down. Total guess though.

Chongo94

So compiling a 35-40 record over six years at Texas Tech and being their least successful coach in over 30 years makes you a hot commodity in the NFL? KK needs to pay his PR guy half his salary.

Right? I don’t get it. Must be some sort of Sean McVay syndrome type thing, get the fresh new young offensive mind guy.

Wexahu

Right? I don’t get it. Must be some sort of Sean McVay syndrome type thing, get the fresh new young offensive mind guy....?

Honestly, I bet if he looked like Mike Leach he'd have trouble getting a G5 job. I do think that played a part in it because his teams generally looked unprepared and undisciplined. Aren't preparation and discipline like the hallmarks of every great coach?

Chico Dusty

Right? I don’t get it. Must be some sort of Sean McVay syndrome type thing, get the fresh new young offensive mind guy.

Totally - and the thing is, there will be a lot of misses because McVay is a special, special mind, motivator, leader. A total beast. Funny story - KK once said to McVay, “I want to be like you, and McVay said “you’ll never be like me”

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

I heard a NFL guy once say that it’s not unusual for a guy to be brought in to interview for a coordinator job under the disguise that it’s for a HC job. My guess is that teams really want him as a OC but could only get him in the door to interview by telling him and his employer it’s for a HC job.

Fosterpark Squatter

I heard a NFL guy once say that it’s not unusual for a guy to be brought in to interview for a coordinator job under the disguise that it’s for a HC job. My guess is that teams really want him as a OC but could only get him in the door to interview by telling him and his employer it’s for a HC job.
If hes smart he'll build his stock at sc where he can put up crazy numbers with those recruits in a not so stout pac12