• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

FrogLifeYo

burns has multiple years as oc at cincinnati, smu, and his time as co-oc with anderson.

agree on the rest of the staff and this is part of the issue when sonny has been able to hire 1 offensive staff member since he became oc.
Yah...Still trying to forget those

Eight

Cumbie needs a mentor..

he has burns and anderson

agreed, but for that to happen someone has to go or become an analyst and unfortunately don't see gary making those choices though he has seen the results last year and seen the changes in the conference

Mean Purple

Really? Do you have sight issues or low football IQ issues?
Takes more than throwing the ball a long way.
dude could not lead a rcvr to save his soul, could not secure the ball if it was duct taped his hand, can't read the field, could not throw a 50/50 and waits too long to pull down and run or throw the ball. And he either fell asleep in film prep or simply can't read defenses.

4th. down

burns has multiple years as oc at cincinnati, smu, and his time as co-oc with anderson.

agree on the rest of the staff and this is part of the issue when sonny has been able to hire 1 offensive staff member since he became oc.

This is only PART of the problem, but GP should have given him that leeway when he made him OC.

FrogLifeYo

Many of the coaches that have worked under Saban have described the experience as an incubator. Some of them have been head coaches and coordinators for many more years than Cumbie. They talk about the importance of their time under Saban as being one at which they are able to learn what it takes to prepare, discipline, recruit, and manage a program at the level necessary to have success.

Cumbie as most young offensive guys is a collection of ideas and “what if’s”...Im certain GP is mentoring him in many of the same ways Saban does. The difference is the experience level that Saban guys have. They are bringing years of experience and know how to Bama...GP has chosen to train a pup and he’s not an offensive guy. He’ll flat tell you that. An offensive mentor is exactly what Cumbie needs and this is a critical time that he gets it. If he is indeed the “chosen next coach”, and I believe he is, then get that man all the help he needs to turn his ideas into an offense that can be effective

CryptoMiner

Jalen Hurts:

"I've never said anything about transferring," Those words have never come out of my mouth. ... If I haven't spoken about it, I don't think there's a conversation to be had."

Still think he will leave but interesting....

FrogLifeYo

Jalen Hurts:

"I've never said anything about transferring," Those words have never come out of my mouth. ... If I haven't spoken about it, I don't think there's a conversation to be had."

Still think he will leave but interesting....
They played him some snaps at WR against OU..Maybe the play is for him to make the switch for his senior year

Wexahu

Cumbie as most young offensive guys is a collection of ideas and “what if’s”...

That's a great way to describe the way I kind of feel about a lot of these young gun types.......they have a vision but aren't really sure what to do when the other guys punch back and dissect what you're trying to do, so the counter-punch isn't very effective.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

I wouldn’t turn the offense over to Burns and ambit even sure he is a good WR coach.