• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Leap Frog

Carp is on board with the Goldy acquisition....

As a Card fan, the team became instantly better with Goldy. Carp will move to 3rd. base-- he is a team player.
Can some of you tell me about Drew Rob, whom we traded Pat Wisdom to the Rangers for. Btw, Wisdom is a good player.

MTfrog5

As a Card fan, the team became instantly better with Goldy. Carp will move to 3rd. base-- he is a team player.
Can some of you tell me about Drew Rob, whom we traded Pat Wisdom to the Rangers for. Btw, Wisdom is a good player.
Drew never took a step forward when he would get his shot in the majors. Good athlete that has the tools if he can put it together. I don’t think you will see one Rangers fan sad about it though

Moose Stuff

You can already see it lowering the bar....the main discussion since it was announced has been "well if Harold Baines is in the Hall....".

Yep. No offense to Harold but when I think HOF I don’t think Harold Baines. Larry Walker seems more deserving but I don’t have the numbers in front of me.

ShreveFrog

Utility player. Strikes out a lot. So that was a good fit for Rangers.

Purp

I like the prospects Rangers got. But would rather have traded Gallo and all his strikeouts to get them. And keep Profar to play 3b. We need a 3b.
I agree with this, but not sure Gallo could have commanded as much in a trade. Also, it appears the league and analysts are trending toward more HRs and extra base hits at the expense of hitting for average and keeping strikeout numbers down. Given that he may have been more attractive in a trade than I think.

If this trend continues what I previously thought was an untouchable strikeout record for Nolan may suddenly be attainable again. That said, whoever wants to do it will have to start pitching more innings than modern pitchers tend to get.

Moose Stuff

I agree with this, but not sure Gallo could have commanded as much in a trade. Also, it appears the league and analysts are trending toward more HRs and extra base hits at the expense of hitting for average and keeping strikeout numbers down. Given that he may have been more attractive in a trade than I think.

If this trend continues what I previously thought was an untouchable strikeout record for Nolan may suddenly be attainable again. That said, whoever wants to do it will have to start pitching more innings than modern pitchers tend to get.

Also trending toward a far less watchable version of the sport IMO.