• The KillerFrogs

PressBoxDFW: Why not Hurts to round out TCU's 2019 class?

CryptoMiner

Look, it makes sense for Cumbie to contact Hurts at some point. The last two Heisman winners were transfers. Hurts, by all accounts, is a great kid and he is going to be a great asset wherever he goes. My guess is that he will go to Oklahoma and play for Lincoln Riley for a year.

First he has to put his name on the list and don't think that has happened but yeah agree it probably will after their games are over.

Limey Frog

We have a QB better than Hurts already here...

But this one has already received proper college-level coaching and proved that he can win games. We don't have anyone of that description, and may never under present circumstances. They don't hand out Ws in actual games just for being a four-star recruit, otherwise Aggy would be a national champion on the field instead of just on the wall of their own stadium.

Moose Stuff

But this one has already received proper college-level coaching and proved that he can win games. We don't have anyone of that description, and may never under present circumstances. They don't hand out Ws in actual games just for being a four-star recruit, otherwise Aggy would be a national champion on the field instead of just on the wall of their own stadium.

I’m not sure what’s more baffling..... that you think we may NEVER have a QB that can win games under our present circumstances or that someone liked the post. I mean scheiss, we had one LAST YEAR. The hell????

ticketfrog123

We have a QB better than Hurts already here, assuming he's healthy, and another one coming in who will probably be better than both of them. Besides, if he can't cut it at Alabama, how's he going to make it at TCU?

Fake news. Tyler Matthews, Zach Allen, And FS were all “the next big thing.”

I’d prefer to home grow the talent, but all we have going into 2019 is question marks and unknown entities. One less question mark with Robinson gone, not that it’s a bad thing.

As of today, we do not have a QB near hurt’s level. They may get there eventually and hopefully.

Eight

Fake news. Tyler Matthews, Zach Allen, And FS were all “the next big thing.”

I’d prefer to home grow the talent, but all we have going into 2019 is question marks and unknown entities. One less question mark with Robinson gone, not that it’s a bad thing.

As of today, we do not have a QB near hurt’s level. They may get there eventually and hopefully.

so home grown being recruits or texas?

Eight

HS Recruits. Couldn’t care less what state they’re from.

Would prefer to not get labeled like WVU / Holgorson As a place that can’t coach up talent and needs to live off transfer QBs.

he inherited geno smith and did enough right with him to get geno drafted. trickett transferred basically back home and got better in year 2 as a starter.

skyler howard was a wvu recruit who threw for over 6,500 yards his last two seasons and if a talent like will greer was available to tcu i damn well would want sonny to consider the kid.

i guess lincoln riley has to live off transfers as well.

4th. down

Are we being ridiculous here? Why would Hurts come to TCU over OU, ND, USC, Ohio State, etc? Pie in the sky?

Something more reasonable, one of Sonny's much loved endzone fades to Pro Wells, who is afterall a hell of a 6'5" shooting guard that could play for Jamie now. You want to do a fade, Pro Wells. Now this is something reasonable and that's why he is a RS.

Limp Lizard

Only one thing is certain if we have to go with Rogers, Collins and Duggan: After the first lost game there are fans here who will consider the starting QB a bust and cry for the next one to play. Freshmen should not make Freshman mistakes, after all:rolleyes:. Guys with a Freshman QB there will be turnovers and mistakes galore. Hopefully the injury problem will not be bad and we can play good defense and run the fall well.

Or the old adage about the fans' favorite QB being the backup QB.

And, oh, yeah I did suspect Shawn's family played too big a role in his career. So does Gill, so I feel more confident.

Raw Frog

Only one thing is certain if we have to go with Rogers, Collins and Duggan: After the first lost game there are fans here who will consider the starting QB a bust and cry for the next one to play. Freshmen should not make Freshman mistakes, after all:rolleyes:. Guys with a Freshman QB there will be turnovers and mistakes galore. Hopefully the injury problem will not be bad and we can play good defense and run the fall well.

Or the old adage about the fans' favorite QB being the backup QB.

And, oh, yeah I did suspect Shawn's family played too big a role in his career. So does Gill, so I feel more confident.

I disagree with your assumption after the first loss.