• The KillerFrogs

PressBoxDFW: Why not Hurts to round out TCU's 2019 class?

Gil LeBreton

PressBoxDFW: Why not Hurts to round out TCU's 2019 class?

By GIL LeBRETON
PressBoxDFW.com

A quarterback from Iowa. A punter from Australia. A lineman from that perennial TCU recruiting hotbed of . . . Ohio?

Even a defensive back signee from the roll-the-dice capital of the neon world, Vegas!

Indeed, the first batch of TCU’s 2019 recruiting class, signed and sealed Wednesday, seems like another bumper crop of below-the-radar, staff shopping finds.

Which means, if tradition holds, four or five of them will rise from their relative obscurities and be cloaked in NFL jerseys long into the 2020s.

But this is what Gary Patterson and his staff do.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/why-not-hurts-to-round-out-tcus-2019-class/

Last edited:

Bob

We have a QB better than Hurts already here, assuming he's healthy, and another one coming in who will probably be better than both of them. Besides, if he can't cut it at Alabama, how's he going to make it at TCU?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
We have a QB better than Hurts already here, assuming he's healthy, and another one coming in who will probably be better than both of them. Besides, if he can't cut it at Alabama, how's he going to make it at TCU?
Wait... Collins is better? Or you mean the completely untested JR? He couldn't cut it at bama because he was up against the Heisman runner up...

CountryFrog

That's one way to look at it

Moose Stuff

I have 2 general theories on winning college football games..... one a bit older and one relatively new..... the older one is that you need at least one player with long hair and I feel we’ve addressed that with our last two classes. The second more recent theory is sign all the players named Jaylin/Jalen/Jaelan/Jaylyn.

Frog-in-law1995

Now pretend he’s white.

matthew%2Bmcconaughey%2Ba%2Btime%2Bto%2Bkill%2B1996%2Beyewear.jpg

FrogLifeYo

Excellent point...Bama just begging for someone to take the Hurts bait..

Gil LeBreton

Hey Gil, did Patterson really say “Uhhp?"

That's the way I heard it. But it could have been more of a "wuhhpp" sound.
After 18 years I figure I've heard all of his noises, and I hadn't heard one like this before. He was trying to drop the subject immediately.

Look, it makes sense for Cumbie to contact Hurts at some point. The last two Heisman winners were transfers. Hurts, by all accounts, is a great kid and he is going to be a great asset wherever he goes. My guess is that he will go to Oklahoma and play for Lincoln Riley for a year.