• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

flyfishingfrog

He won't play QB at Baylor I guarantee it. He'll get maybe a year practices as one but eventually become a WR or DB. But will be one of the QB backup options if someone gets hurt. And like he would do for any team maybe be part of a trick play here or there throwing the ball.
just the idea of having someone that could run the sweep and throw it accurately would open up that play - would love for him to have come to TCU but I agree he will never see the field as a QB either place.

Paint It Purple

for those who are waiting until the signings begin tomorrow.

barlow on the second newton touchdown shows he is worth fighting for and if needed waiting until the second signing date. interesting post game response by him as well.

Are there anymore Ty Slaninia (sp) on that East B team?

SuperTFrog

just the idea of having someone that could run the sweep and throw it accurately would open up that play - would love for him to have come to TCU but I agree he will never see the field as a QB either place.
Didn’t everyone say that about King who now starts at QB for U of H. I say him play a few times this year and wished he was our QB. Maybe I was seeing too much in him but the point is sometimes guys actually make it at the position they want to play...although that is the exception rather than the rule.

flyfishingfrog

Didn’t everyone say that about King who now starts at QB for U of H. I say him play a few times this year and wished he was our QB. Maybe I was seeing too much in him but the point is sometimes guys actually make it at the position they want to play...although that is the exception rather than the rule.
King is starting QB because he went to U of H - if he had chosen to come to TCU, I doubt he would have won our starting role and most likely have played some this year only due to attrition if we couldn't have convinced him to switch positions.

If Powell was willing to step down a level in competition, he could compete for QB lots of places also just like King decided.

But if he ends up the starting QB at a P5 school, even Baylor - my feeling is that is not going to be good news for that school because it will mean more than a few have fallen on the battlefield in front of him.

He has more than enough ability to be a great player in several places on the field but like a lot of people, I don't think that is at QB in the big 5 conferences.

MTfrog5

SR looked like Peyton Manning compared to King against SMU. Only time I watched him this year

Wizardofhogz

TCU rolled both Arky and Minnesota when they met on the field. It would be a dead end if he went there. Those teams have zero chance especially Arkansas to make maybe even a bowl game. Forget NY6 bowl or college football playoff. Shoot with the rise of A&M in the west Arkansas will be the last place team in the west with Ole Miss for at least a decade. Minnesota is the same in their division. With the rise of Nebraska and NW winning the division one must fall and that will be Minnesota. Minnesota will be battling last place with Illinois and Purdue in Big 10 west for decades. No NFL no bowls and it's cold up there. Good luck.

lol . . . Arkansas beat TCU in FW, then lost the next season in Arkansas but I guess the ONLY game that mattered was he second one. Never mind how Arkansas hos OWNED the Frogs for decades.

Yes - it's true that Bielema left the program in shambles - but he's gone now. The proof is in the pudding, so we won't know for 2-3 years what we really have (NO one will), but this class we started signing today appears to be one of the best in Arkansas' history. This is EXACTLY why we hired Morris - his Texas ties run deep, and his recruiting pedigree goes back to the days when Clemson was starting to build what they are today.

Listen - I've always liked TCU as one of the schools other than Arkansas that I pull for. I have a LOT of respect for the program Gary has built in Fort Worth, and i enjoy watching his teams play. That said, I won't stand by idly while some no-nothing bad-mouths' my Hogs. Are they down now? You bet (so is TCU, by the way). Are they going to stay there? History says they will not. Bad news is that the SEC West is THE alpha division in all of college football, so they may improve dramatically and only be 2nd or 3rd in that division. But that doesn't mean it's a mistake for ANY player to look at them. You can rationalize that if you lose someone you want to them, but that doesn't make it fact.

Eight

lol . . . Arkansas beat TCU in FW, then lost the next season in Arkansas but I guess the ONLY game that mattered was he second one. Never mind how Arkansas hos OWNED the Frogs for decades.

Yes - it's true that Bielema left the program in shambles - but he's gone now. The proof is in the pudding, so we won't know for 2-3 years what we really have (NO one will), but this class we started signing today appears to be one of the best in Arkansas' history. This is EXACTLY why we hired Morris - his Texas ties run deep, and his recruiting pedigree goes back to the days when Clemson was starting to build what they are today.

Listen - I've always liked TCU as one of the schools other than Arkansas that I pull for. I have a LOT of respect for the program Gary has built in Fort Worth, and i enjoy watching his teams play. That said, I won't stand by idly while some no-nothing bad-mouths' my Hogs. Are they down now? You bet (so is TCU, by the way). Are they going to stay there? History says they will not. Bad news is that the SEC West is THE alpha division in all of college football, so they may improve dramatically and only be 2nd or 3rd in that division. But that doesn't mean it's a mistake for ANY player to look at them. You can rationalize that if you lose someone you want to them, but that doesn't make it fact.

no, it's arkansas, oklahoma's illiterate cousin

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I honestly don’t remember a really good Arkansas team.

Wizardofhogz

no, it's arkansas, oklahoma's illiterate cousin

What an irony that the author of the masterpiece quoted above is calling out someone (anyone!) else for being illiterate . . lol!

Please try again when you can communicate a complete thought.

Better yet - don't bother.

CountryFrog

Arkansas. Perennially one of the top 7 programs in the SEC West.

Eight

What an irony that the author of the masterpiece quoted above is calling out someone (anyone!) else for being illiterate . . lol!

Please try again when you can communicate a complete thought.

Better yet - don't bother.

arkansas isnt worth punctuation capitalization, or sentence structure