• The KillerFrogs

Greenville Herald-Banner: Jim Wacker was a big influence on A&M-C’s new football coach David Bailiff

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5c13167d2264e.image.jpg

Greenville Herald-Banner: Jim Wacker was a big influence on A&M-C’s new football coach David Bailiff
COMMERCE — Texas A&M University-Commerce’s new head football coach was influenced by the late Jim Wacker, who won four national championships as a coach.

“I am the product of one of the greatest college coaches that impacted my life,” said David Bailiff, the new head coach of the Lions. “His name was Jim Wacker. He was a man of tremendous faith. He was a man of energy. He was a man that was my true first servant leader. I knew he loved me and I worked so hard for him...”

Bailiff, who played as an offensive lineman under Bailiff at Southwest Texas State, said the Bobcats knew “that we weren’t going to lose because of the respect and love we had for him. He taught me so much and turned me into the man and coach I am today. I wish he was still here to watch this because he would really be proud and I understand his granddaughters (Jaslyn and Jaryn Wacker) go to school here.”

Read more at https://www.heraldbanner.com/sports...cle_ff26e0b8-ff47-11e8-b3f5-4f96862f92f0.html