• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

FBallFan123

The hot stove is heating up this week with the Mets trading for Cano and Diaz, the Phillies trading for Jean Segura, the Nationals signing Patrick Corbin and now the Dbacks trading Goldschmidt to the Cardinals.

Eight

would have liked to see goldschmidt in left field for the astros.

maybe next year and i will pay for the toll pass so he can take the hardy on the drive in from the woodlands

FBallFan123

One thing to keep in mind with the Dbacks trading Goldschmidt is it could open the door for Kevin Cron in Arizona...something to watch in spring training and into next season...

LaxFrog3

Being from ATL, I know how much the fans of Atlanta don’t want Harper.. that’s right I said don’t. Our front office wants him which I understand but you know how moneyball works.. Harper is a tool and has beef with Teherán and I will never forgive him for scuffing our logo behind home rant. That’s my opinion. Go Braves and Chop On!!

FBallFan123

Here's what Baseball America wrote about Ferrell in their Rule 5 draft preview:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2018-rule-5-draft-preview-v-10/

Quote said:
3. Riley Ferrell, RHP, Astros
Ferrell had a rocky return this season in his second year back from shoulder surgery, but he has the same swing-and-miss stuff he had when the Astros drafted him in the third round in 2015. What he doesn't have is the control to know where that stuff is going--he walked nearly six batters per nine innings this season. When they were rebuilding years ago, the Astros had success nabbing Josh Fields in the Rule 5 draft with a similar profile (big stuff, poor control). Now someone could try to do the same thing to the Astros.

Metropolis777

Ferrell was selected in the Major League portion of the draft, meaning is guaranteed at least an opening day roster spot on the Marlins.

As Chandler said, if he doesn't stick and gets sent back down to AAA, the Astros can take him back.

The only thing holding him back at this point - and why the Astros left him unprotected - is still his lack of control. His walk rate is very high.

Nonetheless, this is another Frog in an MLB uniform next season.

Being from ATL, I know how much the fans of Atlanta don’t want Harper.. that’s right I said don’t. Our front office wants him which I understand but you know how moneyball works.. Harper is a tool and has beef with Teherán and I will never forgive him for scuffing our logo behind home rant. That’s my opinion. Go Braves and Chop On!!

Eh...TO Owens eventually played for the Cowboys.

FBallFan123

Ferrell was selected in the Major League portion of the draft, meaning is guaranteed at least an opening day roster spot on the Marlins.

As Chandler said, if he doesn't stick and gets sent back down to AAA, the Astros can take him back.

The only thing holding him back at this point - and why the Astros left him unprotected - is still his lack of control. His walk rate is very high.

Nonetheless, this is another Frog in an MLB uniform next season.

Marlins are in a total rebuild, so Ferrell should have a much better opportunity now than he would have in Houston.

And if things work out, maybe Bryan Holaday is behind the plate when he's on the mound.

lonestarfrog89

Pretty sad to see Morton leave the Stros for Tampa. Thought that would be one guy we could keep. Our rotation has regressed a little, especially with McCullers out all year with TJ surgery.

MTfrog5

Rangers deal Claudio to Mil for 39th pick. After supplemental picks that becomes an early 2nd. Pretty good return for a soft-tossing lefty. Nolan wouldn't have made that deal.
Think that’s a great trade. Obviously it will depend on how that pick does, but the upside is a lot more than what Claudio is. Really like Claudio and hope he does well for a team in a division race

FBallFan123