• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

CryptoMiner

Adding SMU's Ben Hicks to the list, that would be interesting...

Ben Hicks 6-2/203 SMU threw for 9,081 yds, 71 tds and 34 int while completing 56.7% of hiss attempts during his SMU career

Could SMU & TCU swap starting QBs? SR would at least have to sit a year though...

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

Why is Hicks transferring? Where does he think he's going to play that's better? Seems like he's burning bridges with SMU alums that could help him after college.

FrogLifeYo

Ben Hicks 6-2/203 SMU threw for 9,081 yds, 71 tds and 34 int while completing 56.7% of hiss attempts during his SMU career

Could SMU & TCU swap starting QBs? SR would at least have to sit a year though...
I sure hope if we were to make a play for him it’s a 3rd man on the chart situation..His best games in his entire career were against us. He’s about as mediocre as it gets and every bit the turnover machine SR was. Depth is one thing but I still feel like a transfer QB is a waste of time unless he makes us significantly better the day he steps on campus.

CryptoMiner

I sure hope if we were to make a play for him it’s a 3rd man on the chart situation..His best games in his entire career were against us. He’s about as mediocre as it gets and every bit the turnover machine SR was. Depth is one thing but I still feel like a transfer QB is a waste of time unless he makes us significantly better the day he steps on campus.

So you are saying the all-time leading passer at SMU is just a third stringer at TCU? ;)

ShreveFrog

We need depth. We’re 110% bringing in a QB and it may well end up being someone like Hicks.

I know we need depth just in case. But Hicks isn't going to start. Least I hope not. So I doubt he's coming. Unless we get a kickass transfer like Hurts, I'd rather develop the young'uns if we have to go with backups.

Maybe there's a grad transfer who who'd like to further his education at TCU and is willing to be insurance on the sideline.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

The ONLY way I’m ok with adding Hicks is if Rogers is 100%, Collins is 100% by the fall, and he’s ok with being a third string.

netty2424

No thanks. Rather roll with what we got than being Hicks in here.

Punter1

Not saying I want him...but what in the world is Shane Booooochele still doing at Texas. Gotta think he after this year. He even has a red-shirt year.

netty2424

Not saying I want him...but what in the world is Shane Booooochele still doing at Texas. Gotta think he after this year. He even has a red-shirt year.
Boo knows his career ends after college. And I think he also knows there’s a good chance he gets some time in the huddle the way Herman runs Ehlinger. Plus, Austin.

All guesses on my part.