• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Lots of speculation since the news finally broke but here are some of the potential targets being mentioned so far:

Grad transfers:
Riley Neal Ball St played for years at Ball State (receiver medical waiver for 2017 season in which he played in only 3 games) 731 completions on 1219 atts (60%) for 7393 yards 46 TDs 25 INTs

Potential grad transfer (Not yet declared if they will transfer)
Jalen Hurts Alabama
Khalil Tate Arizona

JUCO transfers
Lowell Narcisse Mississippi Gulf Coast 6-4/195 (originally LSU) had injury riddled career until last season at MGCCC. 44 of 98 for 506 yds 3 TDs and 3 Ints, rushed for 192 YDs and 6 TDs. Started with the program late and only had spot chances. Very athletic and being looked at by TCU. Qualifier so can be at TCU in the Spring.

David Moore Garden City former Memphis QB 6-2/200 Qualifier so can sign this month.

Thanks for this info. Of the lesser-known guys I observed:

Narcisse is a big dude, with a good arm. Moves well for a big guy. Saw a couple throws that would be INTs at B12 level. But would be hard to tackle and seems to make good decisions in those clips.

Moore looks to have good accuracy and touch, and can find open guy consistently. I sure did watch him stare down each receiver on each highlight though. That won't work against good P5 defenses. Seems to have a little less arm than Narcisse, saw again a couple that would have been picked, but again, finds open guys even when people didn't look open.

And a good buddy who has an eye for evaluation, who is a Frog and a ND alum, said against Notre Dame Ball State kid was the truth.

Frozen Frog

None! Collins and Rogers are probably healthy by next year. You also have a good player in Duggan joining the team. There are also others on the roster. What does a transfer bring that these guys won't bring?

Frozen Frog

Experience.

Kenny Hill also brought experience. How many of us called for the backup when he was playing? Matt Joeckel also brought experience, but his season ended after a few games due to injury. Don't delay the development of others for a rental player. I am not a huge fan of free agency in college football.

berryfrog95

^ I’m not a huge fan of the Qb Transfer as I mentioned above, but Hurts and Tate have tons of game experience.

The others mentioned seem to parallel struggles like Hill and lack of PT like Joeckel.....we’ll see how it shakes out. I’d love to see Rogers take the opening day snap in 2019.....

Frog-in-law1995

Kenny Hill also brought experience. How many of us called for the backup when he was playing? Matt Joeckel also brought experience, but his season ended after a few games due to injury. Don't delay the development of others for a rental player. I am not a huge fan of free agency in college football.

You asked. I answered. No one said the transfer would start, but I’d be happy with a Kenny Hill-type performance next year.

ThisIsOurTime

They should bring in someone else. We need the depth and don't know how the QBs we do have will perform in extended play. People are acting like we have three proven experienced QBs. In reality, we have only have one guy with experience and he only was able to last a few games. Also, if we are being honest, we want Duggan to redshirt so he should even be mentioned. He is the nuclear option.

So, the answer should be if we can find a good mobile QB (necessary because of OL woes) with some experience, we should go after him even if we can just get one year out of him.

H0RNEDFR0G

Collins is a transfer btw.

H0RNEDFR0G

None! Collins and Rogers are probably healthy by next year. You also have a good player in Duggan joining the team. There are also others on the roster. What does a transfer bring that these guys won't bring?

We still don't know if Rogers will ever fully recover from drop foot. Collins just had foot surgery, we have no idea how that will heal, or if it will be a nagging injury going forward. We have two walk-on kids, who got zero scholarship offers and Duggan who will be a true freshman; and I'm not sure he's even signed his LOI yet. Do you seriously think we don't need another QB?