• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

4th. down

In the Beginning, believe Sonny may have promised too much with Shawn's parents pressing Sonny. Plus, we needed a big time QB recruit.

Sonny didn't want to go back on his word even with GP wanting Mike to get some meaningful reps. Finally, it became too obvious that he was not going to be our guy and the early surgery kinda moved him back down the ladder. Once Mike got to showcase his talents there probably began some doubts with Shawn's parents on moving forward. Just my 2 cents.

FrogLifeYo

Or maybe a big factor was that our entire offense was a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] show this year. Maybe he got tired of getting his ass kicked every Saturday and did not believe we would ever improve under Cumbie. There are a lot of posters on here that believe that as well.

Or maybe it is something else.........IDK.

I’m speculating that all those things were a factor. I’ve said it before, Cumbie failed on a number of levels to put QBs in the best position to succeed. Cumbie did his best work when he had to use Muehlstein and work with his limitations.

Purp

Spencer Rattler is the next stud there, going to be a freshman. He is really good and knows it. Wouldn't be shocked if he wins the starting gig next year, but either way we are going to hate him at Mayfield levels just for the [ the old ricardo ]iness
Didn't he recently get into some trouble that may keep him from playing?

Eight

You got that insider injury info on JR?

Screen-Shot-2017-04-28-at-9.36.23-AM.png

giphy.gif

With the dilemma at QB having taken on a new dimension and with 'potential' QB talent waiting to step up.....the

forecast of things to come should be interesting.

Frog Brother

I’m being coy because one of the two people who told me used the words “between you and I” so I’m choosing to honor that. I don’t think it’s really a big deal either though. It’s a non big 12 school, it’s in the same general region of the country as TCU, and it’s a MAJOR program. Also, just to be clear, it’s total speculation. It wasn’t stated as fact.

My wild speculation based on your clues:

The root hogs! Arkansas!

Diehard

Sucks for GP and Cumbie..They stuck with that kid WAYYYYY longer than they should have and probably cost us a few games doing so. I definitely don't want a guy at QB so scared of competing for his job that he runs away from a player coming off having drop foot I don't care how highly Rogers is rated, hes not established enough that Robinson should be bailing out before even competing? This is a big problem IMO. This kid has NEVER competed for anything at any level and it shows in how he handles adversity

This won't be popular , but when it come competing and being a competitor there is (IMO) a big difference in between the Frogs on the defensive side of the ball and the offense players. Just an observation, but I believe it may be traced back to..............?

TCURiggs

You got that insider injury info on JR?

Nah. Just more of a feeling than anything. I've heard great things from some friends I trust, regarding his arm, and I just feel like his "drop foot" will be good to go by the time next season rolls around. I think he'll put in the work to get it as good as it can be, and the fact he's currently the "emergency QB" makes me think he's already close.

Sebastian S

he will have to sit a year which means he is looking not next year, but two years down the road.

show me a major program whose roster situation is that certain two years out.

A 4 star QB will get more chances than others.

It could have just been the system we had in place.

He will get a shot, it's up to him to make the most out of it.

Moose Stuff

This won't be popular , but when it come competing and being a competitor there is (IMO) a big difference in between the Frogs on the defensive side of the ball and the offense players. Just an observation, but I believe it may be traced back to..............?

It’s traced DIRECTLY to the personality of who coaches the defense in contrast with the personalities of who coaches the offense. And it’s an issue we need to address IMO.

Frog-in-law1995

Nah. Just more of a feeling than anything. I've heard great things from some friends I trust, regarding his arm, and I just feel like his "drop foot" will be good to go by the time next season rolls around. I think he'll put in the work to get it as good as it can be, and the fact he's currently the "emergency QB" makes me think he's already close.

Reagor seems to have cured his drop hands, so I think Rogers will be OK.

tcumaniac

I've unfortunately heard less optimistic outlooks than you regarding his current drop foot condition.

I've been told to view JR as a lottery at this point. Still far from being the QB we thought we recruited and his recovery is still very much up in the air.

Diehard

My hunch is that it's a parent driven move as much as anything, but that's nothing but a hunch. Look at his history, he and his family have kind of been free agents since he was 15 years old. If TCU isn't exactly what he thought it would be, he probably just wants to move on to the next opportunity.

And there in may be the whole problem. Remember GP said that early in the season it was Shawn's and his parent's decision for him to play with a bad shoulder. Think his mom and dad run the show.

tcudoc

Might have posted this (honestly can’t remember) but he was at a church in Haltom City last week. Really thought about going to check it out just for the sheer entertainment value.
He's on my list of people I want to see before they retire. James Taylor is getting knocked off the list when I see him in February in Austin. I regret that I never saw Rush or Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker.