• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

jake102

Just makes zero sense then. He's competing against Collins (who he already beat once), an injured JR, and a true freshman.

LeagueCityFrog

For comparison, that freshman quarterback kid from Grapevine that plays for Tech that got his lung collapsed seemed to do well even against a tough pass rush and wasn't the Texas High School Gatorade Player of the Year. Is it coaching or evaluation before offering? Or both. This Max kid from Iowa looks legit. He didn't do well at the Nike camp this past summer compared to others there, but one has to like his 24 touchdowns to 3 interceptions ratio and has some wheels on him to run the ball. He might be #2 this coming season behind our Penn superstar quarterback. Mike Collins does throw a nice ball and made a couple of nice runs.

Eight

For comparison, that freshman quarterback kid from Grapevine that plays for Tech that got his lung collapsed seemed to do well even against a tough pass rush and wasn't the Texas High School Gatorade Player of the Year. Is it coaching or evaluation before offering? Or both. This Max kid from Iowa looks legit. He didn't do well at the Nike camp this past summer compared to others there, but one has to like his 24 touchdowns to 3 interceptions ratio and has some wheels on him to run the ball. He might be #2 this coming season behind our Penn superstar quarterback. Mike Collins does throw a nice ball and made a couple of nice runs.

tap the breaks a bit because if not turning the ball over is the criteria for being a superstar in your book we are reading from different books.

Wexahu

Just makes zero sense then. He's competing against Collins (who he already beat once), an injured JR, and a true freshman.

My hunch is that it's a parent driven move as much as anything, but that's nothing but a hunch. Look at his history, he and his family have kind of been free agents since he was 15 years old. If TCU isn't exactly what he thought it would be, he probably just wants to move on to the next opportunity.

Wexahu

Almost a totally meaningless bit of information when talking about a kid's college potential.

jake102

My hunch is that it's a parent driven move as much as anything, but that's nothing but a hunch. Look at his history, he and his family have kind of been free agents since he was 15 years old. If TCU isn't exactly what he thought it would be, he probably just wants to move on to the next opportunity.
After listening to a podcast, I personally think his feelings got hurt with how the team and fans reacted when Collins came into the OU game.

Two decent theories. Very fragile if so

Also have to give it to the recruiting agencies.... everyone was so upset he wasn't rated higher. Guess they got it right.

flyfishingfrog

His parents are coaches and he went to where they worked.
True but he also followed the parent that was going to the school with the best opportunity for him - almost looked like they were taking jobs more for SR than their career sometimes

His dad kind of followed him to Guyer if I remember correctly- Shawn declared he was leaving Chisholm Trail after his mom got a job at Guyer and then his dad took a job as their TE coach even though he was the OC at Chisholm.

Then when his dad got the job at DeSoto - Shawn left to be with him

So both statements can be true- that he followed his parents but also “moved to the best situation” at the same time

Interesting that his father just got a job in the AD office and won’t be the DeSoto HC anymore

Sebastian S

Can't say I am surprised.

Given he wasn't the problem, his performance was underwhelming. Maybe because we had super high expectations.

His future as a starting QB at TCU is questionable at best and with the talent he (and his family) thinks he has, riding the bench is not an option.

If he picks wisely, he can almost pick and choose where he would want to start.

tetonfrog

If true - he is in for a long rest of his college career and an even longer life...

Or maybe a big factor was that our entire offense was a [ Finebaum ] show this year. Maybe he got tired of getting his ass kicked every Saturday and did not believe we would ever improve under Cumbie. There are a lot of posters on here that believe that as well.

Or maybe it is something else.........IDK.

LeagueCityFrog

If the quarterback from Iowa makes our offense hum along good with minimal turnovers at Spring practice, then I hope he gets a shot at starting if Rogers can't run on that previously injured leg.

Eight

Can't say I am surprised.

Given he wasn't the problem, his performance was underwhelming. Maybe because we had super high expectations.

His future as a starting QB at TCU is questionable at best and with the talent he (and his family) thinks he has, riding the bench is not an option.

If he picks wisely, he can almost pick and choose where he would want to start.

he will have to sit a year which means he is looking not next year, but two years down the road.

show me a major program whose roster situation is that certain two years out.

MTfrog5

Or maybe a big factor was that our entire offense was a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] show this year. Maybe he got tired of getting his ass kicked every Saturday and did not believe we would ever improve under Cumbie. There are a lot of posters on here that believe that as well.

Or maybe it is something else.........IDK.
Since we are speculating, maybe Cumbie could only run 5 plays because SR refused to learn anything else? I'll be interested to see what comes out

mesohornedfrog

ou has a QB (can’t remember his name) from Waco Midway who is pretty good. Is he in the cue for the Heisman?
GO FROGS!
BEAT cal!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Spencer Rattler is the next stud there, going to be a freshman. He is really good and knows it. Wouldn't be shocked if he wins the starting gig next year, but either way we are going to hate him at Mayfield levels just for the cockiness

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, great. Lots of questions pop up, like: 1.) Did SR simply fail to absorb instruction? He never seemed to progress in his performances, or learn from mistakes. He certainly showed no lack of effort on the field, but the energy was often misdirected. Why? 2.) Was QB Coaching just miserably ineffective? 3.) Was the entirety of the Offense, both in scheme and cohesion, simply miserable? Why? 4.) If #3 is the case for the early season, why did things suddenly improve later? 5.) We kept being told how great SR was, and how he was just light-years ahead of everybody else on the roster... And... He wasn't. What the hell is wrong with our player evaluation metrics? And when is that going to improve, or at the very least stop kidding itself?

This will be a very interesting off-season...