• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

Purp

Sucks for GP and Cumbie..They stuck with that kid WAYYYYY longer than they should have and probably cost us a few games doing so. I definitely don't want a guy at QB so scared of competing for his job that he runs away from a player coming off having drop foot I don't care how highly Rogers is rated, hes not established enough that Robinson should be bailing out before even competing? This is a big problem IMO. This kid has NEVER competed for anything at any level and it shows in how he handles adversity
He kinda competed a lot for the 6A state title for DeSoto. He impressed the hell out of me in that run with his competitiveness.

Last edited:

BleedNPurple

Sucks for GP and Cumbie..They stuck with that kid WAYYYYY longer than they should have and probably cost us a few games doing so. I definitely don't want a guy at QB so scared of competing for his job that he runs away from a player coming off having drop foot I don't care how highly Rogers is rated, hes not established enough that Robinson should be bailing out before even competing? This is a big problem IMO. This kid has NEVER competed for anything at any level and it shows in how he handles adversity[/QUOTE

Guess his guarantee of being the starter next year has finally been pulled so time to run away?

FrogLifeYo

Nobody can claim SR wasn’t given a fair shake..He got 8 starts in his TCU career and produced an average body of work in those. He looked like a kid who was still trying to play QB like he did in highscool. You can’t out athlete everyone. At some point it’s about out executing everyone.That Light never seemed to come on. Fortunately for him he’ll now have a whole lot of time to reflect and learn from his time as a Frog. Someone is gonna get a hell of an athlete.

asleep003

Becomes pretty imperative that Rogers is healthy though.
Actually it's imperative that we get the OL in solid order for any of these 3 kids who may start... as all the OBs struggled under poor blocking in 2018. Collins seems to have handled the pressure better than SR, yet Mule won his 2 games over 2 bowl opponents.

More concerned about the OL than QBs, as once the OL is right, will our QBs be right.

Last edited:

4th. down

Nobody can claim SR wasn’t given a fair shake..He got 8 starts in his TCU career and produced an average body of work in those. He looked like a kid who was still trying to play QB like he did in highscool. You can’t out athlete everyone. At some point it’s about out executing everyone.That Light never seemed to come on. Fortunately for him he’ll now have a whole lot of time to reflect and learn from his time as a Frog. Someone is gonna get a hell of an athlete.

"Someone is gonna get a hell of an athlete."

North Texas State or SMU. Parents will want to keep him close to home.

ReedFrawg

I think somewhat similar, but I’d have to think it’d be a hell of a lot easier to play QB than LB with that type of injury.

Not sure I agree when you are talking about a mobile QB. He counts on quick cuts and explosiveness. Apparently many athletes never fully recover from "drop foot". Sounds like Jaylen Smith is an exception. Hopefully JR can make it all the way back.

TX_Krötenechse

Not sure why y’all are being so coy about where you’ve heard he’s going. He’s not gonna be at TCU, so why keep it a secret?

Also, although I’ve already posted that i am not too concerned about this, I think some of y’all are going too far by questioning his competitive spirit or motives. The bottom line is that we don’t know anything definitive, so it’s kinda messed up to imply (or outright state) that he’s transferring because he’s afraid of competition.

asleep003

Not sure why y’all are being so coy about where you’ve heard he’s going. He’s not gonna be at TCU, so why keep it a secret?

Also, although I’ve already posted that i am not too concerned about this, I think some of y’all are going too far by questioning his competitive spirit or motives. The bottom line is that we don’t know anything definitive,
so it’s kinda messed up to imply (or outright state) that he’s transferring because he’s afraid of competition.

Even though I like SR, he does have a history of picking a better situation for himself at the drop of a hat. And the competition may not give him the freedom to develop at his own pace here and may want a more secure place to do so, even if it's a G5 oportunity.

Moose Stuff

Also, although I’ve already posted that i am not too concerned about this, I think some of y’all are going too far by questioning his competitive spirit or motives. The bottom line is that we don’t know anything definitive, so it’s kinda messed up to imply (or outright state) that he’s transferring because he’s afraid of competition.

I’m being coy because one of the two people who told me used the words “between you and I” so I’m choosing to honor that. I don’t think it’s really a big deal either though. It’s a non big 12 school, it’s in the same general region of the country as TCU, and it’s a MAJOR program. Also, just to be clear, it’s total speculation. It wasn’t stated as fact.