• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

TX_Krötenechse

I do not know how many players we need to have decommit/ transfer, how many more stats about our offensive inability we need to see, or what else needs to happen to realize there is a problem with retaining and catering to talent in this program. Just simply do not.
I guess the sky is falling at Clemson too, since they lost one of their top 2 QBs to transfer this season too.

MinFrog

Collins + healthy OL + Anderson/reagor + GP defense is going to be in the big xii championship 8 out of 10 years.

With Collins and a healthy OL, I think we probably would have made it this year.

SnoSki

Our fans are overreacting to this but that’s not surprising. He may end up being amazing in a couple years but we’ve also got some serious potential still to be seen with Rogers and Duggan.

Brog

Collins + healthy OL + Anderson/reagor + GP defense is going to be in the big xii championship 8 out of 10 years.

With Collins and a healthy OL, I think we probably would have made it this year.

Uh, you think we could have, maybe, handled that Heisman trophy winner?

tetonfrog

I love this idea, but are you tripping?

Even if our OL improves a ton, that means it is average when healthy. We have seen our paper thin OL go south after one injury the last two years. How is that going to change next year?

I just don’t understand the love for Collins.We were bad every game he started. I know it was not all his fault, but why were you impressed by him against KU, KSU, WV or early against BU?

If TCU is going to compete for a big 12 title, we need a playmaker at QB not a caretaker. The last 3 games against OU prove that. I hope Rogers is healthy next year or else we are going to have to play a true frosh next year at some point. That should scare you.

LVH

Not a fan of this at all and I think it is a big deal. I think Robinson was equal to 2013 Boykin. Lots of potential that hadn't been realized yet. Give him another offseason and spring and I think he could have had a good year.

No idea why so many here are so high on Collins. In the games Collins played he was never better than Robinson. Equal yes, better no. Robinson has a higher upside and more playmaking ability. Collins is a serviceable backup but I dont think he is a QB that can win the Big 12. Look at the QBs who have won the Big 12 lately. Boykin. Mayfield. Murray. Collin Klein.

I seriously thought Robinson was going to win the starting job in 2019 and have a breakout year.

I am guessing this means Hurts is coming in or that Rogers is further along than we think. I'd be really surprised if Duggan was a contender to start right away as good as he looks. GP is not one to start true freshman QBs.