• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

Wexahu

True.

But this is a big hire for KSU. They don't want to be a steppingstone and have to hire a new coach every 2 or 3 years. Littrell is gone as soon as LR leaves Norman. And that could be very soon..........maybe even in a few months.

Not a great position to be in. KSU will probably always be a stepping stone to some degree so no way around it really unless you hire a coach that no blue blood program is ever gonna want, which is almost impossible.

If I were investing in the KSU program, I’d be going heavy on the short position.

H-Town Frog

Naah. I happened to listen to the worthless Sportstalk 610 here in Houston briefly this afternoon while taking hay out to the cows. They were discussing the multi-million dollar contract Johnny Tapefingers signed with UH for the next three years and yukking it up about how "there were no protesters out there complaining..." Evidently the whole thing was a big joke to these guys.
I only listen to 610 when the Texans are being broadcast.

netty2424

True.

But this is a big hire for KSU. They don't want to be a steppingstone and have to hire a new coach every 2 or 3 years. Littrell is gone as soon as LR leaves Norman. And that could be very soon..........maybe even in a few months.
You think LR gone after this season? I don’t see Stoops hand picking Riley as his successor without at least a discussion pertaining long-term stability there, no?

No way OU lets him walk for money. Even though their checks are bouncing, I’m sure there’s a line of donors willing to pay him to stay.

tetonfrog

You think LR gone after this season? I don’t see Stoops hand picking Riley as his successor without at least a discussion pertaining long-term stability there, no?

No way OU lets him walk for money. Even though their checks are bouncing, I’m sure there’s a line of donors willing to pay him to stay.

It is a not prediction, but it is a possibility.

Who knows what could happen if an NFL owner believes that LR can lead them to a couple of Super Bowls. NFL owners have stupid money and can spend it on anyone or anything they want.

That is why KSU wanted a big buy out for Littrell. Why hire a guy like SL who is guaranteed to leave for OU when that job opens?

netty2424

It is a not prediction, but it is a possibility.

Who knows what could happen if an NFL owner believes that LR can lead them to a couple of Super Bowls. NFL owners have stupid money and can spend it on anyone or anything they want.

That is why KSU wanted a big buy out for Littrell. Why hire a guy like SL who is guaranteed to leave for OU when that job opens?
Anything’s possible I guess. Just don’t see him leaving yet. I have nothing to base that on other than my gut telling me he and Stoops probably had some type of gentlemen’s agreement when he hired him that this wasn’t a quick hit, here’s Mayfield then take off when he graduates.