• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

jake102

Anyone ever stayed at The ashton? Looks decent to me but worried about reality since I’ve never heard of anyone staying there.

It's nice but an older style, great location. Side note, if you stay there and get a room that faces north, make sure to keep the curtains shut. The Kress lofts are next door. Lived in the Kress for two years and there were many people who apparently didn't realize/didn't care.

MTfrog5

Lord. My time is about done over there. It's awesome if you follow recruiting, but if you rely on it for insider team info, 2018 has been a rough year for 247. It's obvious he's being handled by the Athletic Department
Yeah recruiting is only thing I use it for now days. There is zero doubt that Jeremy is being feed misinformation and being told what he can and can’t post

jake102

Yeah recruiting is only thing I use it for now days. There is zero doubt that Jeremy is being feed misinformation and being told what he can and can’t post

Yeh... I just don't have the time day in and day out to follow recruiting closely, so it doesn't hold much value. Moose and others do a great job on KF recruiting that satisfies what I need. The team "info" has been awful

SnoSki

Definitely love JC but it seems to me the staff has cooled with him in the facts they give. I agree that a lot of misinformation and diversion is probably being fed to him and he’s just reporting what he hears (I would do the same).

It seems like this year has had the most differences between what was rumored and what we have seen.

If that really is what’s going on, I don’t entirely blame GP for that. Other teams definitely read TCU 247 and make decisions based on what they read.

Running a recruiting site has to be tough, tough work.

Eight

UISdc.jpg

ftwfrog

Snoski, ironically enough we are staying at the Aloft as we speak. We had to use a Marriot room credit before the year was up, and in order to me to endure our staff Christmas party this evening i have to drink all of the alcohol at the place. So, a free room or a $60 uber ride home? Very “modern” if that’s what it is called. The rooms are small, but totally fine.

Phormer is right for once, the Omni is by far the best one in downtown FW. I think i like Hilton better than Aloft.

We’ve had good luck using Hotwire for downtown since we aren’t particular. Go for 4 or 4.5 star and you can get a great room at Omni for <$100

Official ftwfrog rankings
1. Omni
2. Hilton
3. Aloft/Courtyard
4. Worthington (unless they’ve upgraded rooms in the last 3 years, it’s not worth the $)