• The KillerFrogs

Good grief! It's starting again...

Salfrog

Tier 1
I believe all of this is just the BIG10 sending out "feelers" to see where goes from there. I also think this where the BIG 12 needs to also be sending out "feelers" of their own to a few of PAC12 schools to see if there might be any interes with the PAC12 Network possibly ending.

Virginia Frog

OU and UT like being the big brands around here. Makes them feel good. Don’t figure they want to share that spotlight with the likes of Mich and Buckey. Much less spend half their season playing up north in snow.
Big Ten, no way will UT want to position themselves to play that B10 power Maryland on a regular basis after their repeated upchucks to the Terps!

Dman890

I believe all of this is just the BIG10 sending out "feelers" to see where goes from there. I also think this where the BIG 12 needs to also be sending out "feelers" of their own to a few of PAC12 schools to see if there might be any interes with the PAC12 Network possibly ending.

Most would tend to agree with you. But if there's one thing we know about the Big 12, it's that we are not proactive about anything.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Big Ten, no way will UT want to position themselves to play that B10 power Maryland on a regular basis after their repeated upchucks to the Terps!

UT saw that Northwestern won the B1G West and thought that should be easy to do every year. They would only have to play Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State or Penn State once or twice each decade. How do you think Nebraska would vote on UT joining the West and playing them yearly?

HG73

UT saw that Northwestern won the B1G West and thought that should be easy to do every year. They would only have to play Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State or Penn State once or twice each decade. How do you think Nebraska would vote on UT joining the West and playing them yearly?
Nebraska would secede from the union.

TCUdirtbag

Or there could be a challenge of the GOR, or some sort of a a buyout.

That said, I do agree that this is just noise in response to the Big Ten getting left out for the second year in a row. See also their discussion on changing their CCG criteria to match the two best teams rather than the division champs.

Pleeeeease let the GOR go to court. A dozen lawyers, maybe more, would retire off those billable hours.

Froglaw

Big 12 has the best high school football recruiting in the nation.

Stupid not to target Arkansas, Nebraska, Colorado, and Missouri.

ATM will never come back and will only play ut again if ESPN deiclares it from on high.

That should be CDC's plan to improve ut football.