• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Eight

i know that at the lower levels you do see some pretty big blow outs from time to time, but i really can not recall a margin as big as newton's 79-12 destruction of daingerfield in a state quarterfinal game.

maybe it was because the 3 future frogs were really comfortable playing at abe martin stadium in lufkin or maybe it was just because newton was hyped from hearing all the talk about daingerfield being capable of pushing if not beating them.

72 points in 3 quarters is just absurd 4 games into the play-offs and to this point newton has outscore their play-off opponents 276 -31.

here is a link to a write up and pictures from east texas sports network

http://etsn.fm/newton-trounces-daingerfield-79-12-to-advance-to-state-semifinal/

numbers for the newton trio for the game

darwin barlow

16 rushes 118 yards and 3 td's

4 catches 114 yards and 2 td's

tamauzia brown

2 rushs 19 yards and 1 td

2 catches 27 yards and 1 td

josh foster

7 rushes for 36 yards

7 of 15 for 164 yards and 3td's

if you are in the houston area next friday night newton plays east bernard, friday dec 14th @ 7:30 pm in porter.

east bernard is where former frog receiver ty slanina played quarterback leading them to a state title his senior season.

they are 13-1 this year and normally are sound on defense and play fairly physical, but...........

Moose Stuff

i know that at the lower levels you do see some pretty big blow outs from time to time, but i really can not recall a margin as big as newton's 79-12 destruction of daingerfield in a state quarterfinal game.

maybe it was because the 3 future frogs were really comfortable playing at abe martin stadium in lufkin or maybe it was just because newton was hyped from hearing all the talk about daingerfield being capable of pushing if not beating them.

72 points in 3 quarters is just absurd 4 games into the play-offs and to this point newton has outscore their play-off opponents 276 -31.

here is a link to a write up and pictures from east texas sports network

http://etsn.fm/newton-trounces-daingerfield-79-12-to-advance-to-state-semifinal/

numbers for the newton trio for the game

darwin barlow

16 rushes 118 yards and 3 td's

4 catches 114 yards and 2 td's

tamauzia brown

2 rushs 19 yards and 1 td

2 catches 27 yards and 1 td

josh foster

7 rushes for 36 yards

7 of 15 for 164 yards and 3td's

if you are in the houston area next friday night newton plays east bernard, friday dec 14th @ 7:30 pm in porter.

east bernard is where former frog receiver ty slanina played quarterback leading them to a state title his senior season.

they are 13-1 this year and normally are sound on defense and play fairly physical, but...........

I think T Brown threw a TD in that game too.

Edit.... he did

Eight

I think T Brown threw a TD in that game too.

Edit.... he did

thanks for catching that, 11 freaking td's in a quarterfinal game.

a friend sent a link to a 76 page thread on david smoak's board that started prior to the game and continued a bit after that proves internet insanity isn't confined just to this board. only read the last few pages

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/forum/5-high-school-sports/

newton does have a freshman running back who went for 70 yards on 7 carries and will be one to watch in the future along with the big de next year.

Eight

Supposedly it was about as heated a blowout could be. Daingerfield was talking all kinds of stuff this week leading to the game.

near the end of the long thread on smoak's board there is reference to prior comments made about daingerfield ending newton's season, that daingerfield had been wanting to face newton etc.......

the friend i referenced the other day made a passing comment that dennis alexander, the daingerfield coach of those legendary teams of the 80's, was a no quarter given type of guy and last night was definitely karma from the perspective of a number of former coaches in east texas

MTfrog5

near the end of the long thread on smoak's board there is reference to prior comments made about daingerfield ending newton's season, that daingerfield had been wanting to face newton etc.......

the friend i referenced the other day as made a passing comment that dennis alexander, the daingerfield coach of those legendary teams of the 80's, was a no quarter given type of guy and last night was definitely karma from the perspective of a number of former coaches in east texas
Yeah I read part of that thread. Makes me miss The Pig that I used to read and was the first board I read back in the mid 2000’s. I think that board formed with Smoaky. I’m sure some of those old timers in deep east Texas loved what happened last night especially the FG to try and get to 82. Never saw those Dangerfield teams but their offenses punting on third down had to rub some people the wrong way