• The KillerFrogs

Good grief! It's starting again...

netty2424

OU and UT like being the big brands around here. Makes them feel good. Don’t figure they want to share that spotlight with the likes of Mich and Buckey. Much less spend half their season playing up north in snow.

YA

Big 12 GOR ends in 2025 and the Big 10 media ends in 2022--so OU is going to sign a short term GOR to what date? I doubt this at all. This is just a article to appease the big 10 folks to feel good after being left out of the CFP once again and the big 10 is going to do something about it.

Zubaz

Big 12 GOR ends in 2025 and the Big 10 media ends in 2022--so OU is going to sign a short term GOR to what date? I doubt this at all. This is just a article to appease the big 10 folks to feel good after being left out of the CFP once again and the big 10 is going to do something about it.
Or there could be a challenge of the GOR, or some sort of a a buyout.

That said, I do agree that this is just noise in response to the Big Ten getting left out for the second year in a row. See also their discussion on changing their CCG criteria to match the two best teams rather than the division champs.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I had heard that one thing UT liked about Del Conte was his experience at navigating a school to new conferences. He took us from CUSA to the MWC to the B12

Wexahu

Generally, the freak out factor from the other conferences is way way less when they miss the playoffs than it is when the Big 12 does.