• The KillerFrogs

TCU v SMU

PO Frog

In my book, "seemed to favor the team on a run" is "inconsistent officiating" ... which is the very definition of "bad officiating (or one of them)," especially when it appears to be contributing to the "run."
With the purple-tinted glasses on, I recall a "charge" called on Noi in the second half (I think it was Noi. Two head-bands + after 11 p.m. = not fully awake) driving to the basket at around the two minute mark when the SMU player clearly turned into our guy. If SMU's piece of crap guard was half as good at basketball as he is at deserving a technical and made the ensuing three, it would have been a 3-point game instead of an 8-point game (well, it should have been an 8-point game). I don't think the complaints about the officiating for this game refer to anything in particular so much as how they impacted the flow of the game.
Speaking of "charges," what the heck is a charge anymore? I know it's never been clear, but it seems like anything goes these days. If they are really concerned about "player safety," it seems like they'd want to limit the head-on collisions rather than encourage 'em by handing out charges like a communist hands out the promise of "free" health care.
That charge on NOI was so bad. He dished it off before contact and the defender turned into him and took a dive. Absolute no call under any scenario. Think the ref was trying to keep it close.

BABYFACE

th

Farmfrog

Interesting we went "small" most of the game without Samuels or Alok in, and got out rebounded 41-31, giving up 20 Offensive rebounds.

I believe that was because smew played five men out most of the time and Samuel and Alok just aren’t good defenders on the perimeter. They crashed the boards, which is a bit concerning, but they had to because they couldn’t shoot a lick in the second half.

Bizarro Frog

Only saw the last 10 minutes but the Frogs looked good down the stretch. Made FT’s, got stops and defensive rebounds, made key 3’s or passed the ball inside for easy buckets. We have two legit PG’s which is a recipe for a run in the Big 12 tournament and NCAA tourney. That’s a long way off but if we stay heathy this could be an exciting year.

Go Frogs

Brog

Only saw the last 10 minutes but the Frogs looked good down the stretch. Made FT’s, got stops and defensive rebounds, made key 3’s or passed the ball inside for easy buckets. We have two legit PG’s which is a recipe for a run in the Big 12 tournament and NCAA tourney. That’s a long way off but if we stay heathy this could be an exciting year.

Go Frogs

How did you know not to watch the first half?

FrogAbroad

Go Frogs
Oh, you should read this thread from the beginning. THEN you'll know just what a big boatload of suckage this team really is!

Froggy Style

I like the idea of going small. Fisher, Noi, and Bane waiting to shoot a three ball while Alex and JD don’t is a great mix, and harder to cover than when Alex, JD, and Samuel are in.

There’s a reason we out scored them by so much with the small lineup. Open shooters, and JD not firing from three land.