• The KillerFrogs

WVU Shafted

Planks

Coincidentally Lincoln Riley became their OC right about the time we stopped being able to prevent them from scoring at will.

No doubt Riley is a great offensive coach, he’s probably the best offensive mind in all of college football today. I have no doubt they will continue to have great offenses in the future

But with that being said I still think we have to take quarterback into account when evaluating OU-TCU results under Riley’s time at OU. Riley’s entire tenure at OU he has had Heisman caliber quarterbacks in Mayfield and Murray. The only time we’ve seen him without Heisman level quarterbacks was the 2015 game when Mayfield got knocked out of the game and OU’s offense looked extremely mortal.

Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray have a combination of throwing ability and escapability that 99.9% of college quarterbacks do not have. They take a great OU offense and turn it into a virtually unstoppable offense, which is what we’ve seen the last two years in the OU-TCU game.

I’m not saying OU’s offense won’t still have lots of success against our defense in the future, but I would be surprised if Patterson’s defense still looks as completely and utterly helpless as they have the last two years.

PO Frog

No doubt Riley is a great offensive coach, he’s probably the best offensive mind in all of college football today. I have no doubt they will continue to have great offenses in the future

But with that being said I still think we have to take quarterback into account when evaluating OU-TCU results under Riley’s time at OU. Riley’s entire tenure at OU he has had Heisman caliber quarterbacks in Mayfield and Murray. The only time we’ve seen him without Heisman level quarterbacks was the 2015 game when Mayfield got knocked out of the game and OU’s offense looked extremely mortal.

Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray have a combination of throwing ability and escapability that 99.9% of college quarterbacks do not have. They take a great OU offense and turn it into a virtually unstoppable offense, which is what we’ve seen the last two years in the OU-TCU game.

I’m not saying OU’s offense won’t still have lots of success against our defense in the future, but I would be surprised if Patterson’s defense still looks as completely and utterly helpless as they have the last two years.
A lot of people didn’t think those guys were any good before they played in Riley’s offense. Kliff wouldn’t even put him on scholly.