• The KillerFrogs

TCU opens +2.5

TooColdU

They got the Liberty Bowl spread wrong.

Mizzou is the favorite. The spread is at -8 now.

The only SEC teams not favored are Kentucky and Florida.

DelFrog

Oklahoma State (-7.5) vs. No. 23 Missouri – Liberty Bowl

The Ok St/Missouri line should be reversed, it's OSU +7.5.

Virginia Frog

Wow...figured we’d be -3 or so.
Being an underdog works for GP's narrative (chip on ones shoulder.) That's good, I thing.

I imagine that with the Nevada proximity to Cali that the odds makers see some easy money of hommies to satisfy their egos by "giving away" a few points. I believe the number crunchers will take the points and skew the betting towards the Frogs.

netty2424

Kinda where I’m at. Let the kids have some fun. If we’re being honest the result of this game is close to meaningless.

Edit.... that game thread would be awesome.
Based on the Texas Bowl thread, no one is going so I’d imagine that game thread will be much more active than usual. More cliff jumpers, should be epic.

dajo9

Did Cal have a bunch of injuries? They lost to UCLA (3-9), Zona (5-7), Oregon (8-4), Wazzu (10-2), and Stanford (8-4), yet they beat Washington (10-2).
Seems like a real up and down team.

Cal's starting qb only started the 1st game. After that, 2 different qb's split time. One of them - McIlwain - was very exciting and seemed to have won the job but over three losses against Oregon, Arizona, and UCLA he had 11 turnovers. Since then, the boring guy - Garbers - has been at quarterback

Garbers does not see the field well, lacks confidence, is prone to running for it on 3rd down in vain, has no accuracy on longer throws, and has largely been unsuccessful in moving the team down the field. But he protects the ball well, at least compared to the exciting guy.

CountryFrog

Cal's starting qb only started the 1st game. After that, 2 different qb's split time. One of them - McIlwain - was very exciting and seemed to have won the job but over three losses against Oregon, Arizona, and UCLA he had 11 turnovers. Since then, the boring guy - Garbers - has been at quarterback

Garbers does not see the field well, lacks confidence, is prone to running for it on 3rd down in vain, has no accuracy on longer throws, and has largely been unsuccessful in moving the team down the field. But he protects the ball well, at least compared to the exciting guy.
Sounds like whichever team can manage A touchdown will win.

dajo9

Sounds like whichever team's defense can manage A touchdown will win.

FIFY. Cal has 5 defensive touchdowns which have directly resulted in 3 wins.

I think having Muehl air it out is the opposite of what you want to do. Control the ball. Set up some nice plays for Reagor. Score 20 and you'll get the win.

Ron Swanson

FIFY. Cal has 5 defensive touchdowns which have directly resulted in 3 wins.

I think having Muehl air it out is the opposite of what you want to do. Control the ball. Set up some nice plays for Reagor. Score 20 and you'll get the win.
Might be first to double-digits