• The KillerFrogs

SI article: Bowl Watchability Rankings: Which Games Can You Absolutely Not Miss?

I will adjust whatever other plans or contingencies that may arise in order to watch TCU v. Cal.

As far as the other 39 bowl games are concerned, my shiv-a-gitter hasn't moved one bit above zero.
Oh, OK, so I guess you won't watch the playoffs?

I'm with you. In my limited career as a player (I lacked the size, the speed and the talent so I became a team manager and trainer) I thrived on defense. One comment in the OP admitted a contributing factor to a "must see" game is lots of scoring, which to me disrespects roughly 50% of what the sport is about in the first place. Sports fans and sports media have prostituted themselves to "big scoring games," forgetting that it's possible to have a genius defenses resulting in a fascinating chess-type matchup.
agree. good post

Ron Swanson

All y’all complaining about this, let’s not act like these two offenses aren’t total dog-ship.

We scored 14 against Texas Tech, 10 against WVU, 16 against Baylor, 14 against KSU.

If this is a low-scoring game, it’s not like it will be two competent offenses being shut down, it will expectedly be two terrible offenses being overmatched. Good defense is fun to watch, I agree with y’all, but it’s better to watch against an offense with a pulse.

Yes, the Alabama vs LSU title game was 9-6 in 2011, but let’s not act like both of those teams wouldn’t demolish the ship out of this TCU team. Let’s also not act like everyone on here didn’t complain about that being a crappy boring game (I actually enjoyed it because I like watching good defense).... but EVERYONE on here was complaining because it was two bad offenses and boring

Limp Lizard

Absolutely not miss...I guess that is TCU, but that is every year, every game. Still, I love watching college football. And I for one, enjoy the lesser bowls, too. The TCU-Cal matchup is one I would probably not watch, due to the offense numbers. That is why I don't watch the SEC all that much...yawn. Some great games this year.

Frogo

Bowl Watchability Rankings: Which Games Can You Absolutely Not Miss?

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/03/bowl-games-schedule-rankings-playoff-viewers-guide

34. CHEEZ-IT BOWL: CAL VS. TCU (DEC. 26, 9 P.M. ET)
This is pretty clearly the least watchable bowl between two Power 5 teams. These offenses are disgustingly bad, especially Cal’s, which broke 20 points once in its final five games.

I guess watching Reagor doesn't interest the writer. I'm guessing he's not watched TCU at all this season.