• The KillerFrogs

Top Ten Overhyped Products in the Millennium

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
This is the week of the year to find a Pappy at the liquor store. Down in Houston, I know of two restaurants that do a Pappy 10,12,15, and 20 year flight. Killen's in Pearland and Marias in Dickinson. Both great experiences.
How much were they?

I found a bottle, of the 20-year-old, recently for $2400. It's good but not that good.

Bob Sugar

The Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer. They only offer a right-bending model, as if 50% of all bananas aren’t left-bending. Very disappointed.
Underrated post. The Amazon page for that is pure gold.

Other Amazon gems:
1823022-2.jpg

2582531-10.jpg

2582531-16.jpg

LeagueCityFrog

How much were they?

I found a bottle, of the 20-year-old, recently for $2400. It's good but not that good.

Go to your local Costco next week on Wednesday. They are having a Pappy raffle for the options to buy at regular retail from 6 to 8pm. Hot tip of the week. Once a evening a year event. No Costco membership needed.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I answered Chase because my cousin works them as an analyst he has told me they make money despite themselves.
That is correct. I spent many years at Goliath National Bank and was dumbfounded by the money wasted yet somehow they still made $20B a year.

jake102

That is correct. I spent many years at Goliath National Bank and was dumbfounded by the money wasted yet somehow they still made $20B a year.

At Monstrosity Global Bank there was an Office Space type situation with a couple people on the floor. They were in a totally random group, had no manager and their jobs had been moved to different groups. They showed up to work and read books all day and kept a low profile. It was bizarre.

Eight

chase moves electronically over a trillion dollars a day in a variety of personal and commercial transactions.

they charge a very small transaction fee on a [ Finebaum ] load of money with minimal risk which means they have a flood of revenue coming in each day that is almost impossible for them to scheiss up.