• The KillerFrogs

Top Ten Overhyped Products in the Millennium

LeagueCityFrog

This is the week of the year to find a Pappy at the liquor store. Down in Houston, I know of two restaurants that do a Pappy 10,12,15, and 20 year flight. Killen's in Pearland and Marias in Dickinson. Both great experiences.

This is the week of the year to find a Pappy at the liquor store. Down in Houston, I know of two restaurants that do a Pappy 10,12,15, and 20 year flight. Killen's in Pearland and Marias in Dickinson. Both great experiences.
I had a server offer me a 1 1/2 oz serving for $120 the other day. Don’t even ask me the number of years aged...I don’t recall.

frogs9497

Number One: Pappy Van Winkle

Funny you should mention it. I’ve wanted to try Pappy’s for quite a while. Impossible to find, even in those restaurants and bars that keep it on the menu. We were at the Trump hotel in DC last week and I finally got to try it. $100 for a one ounce pour of the 10-year (4 employees watched him pour it). And this was relatively inexpensive compared to their other offerings. I was mildly disappointed... for the money, give me Blanton’s.

That hotel has a very high-end tasting room. You tell them what you want to spend, and they’ll set it up. It’s obviously for the high rollers. We toured the room with security right behind us.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Funny you should mention it. I’ve wanted to try Pappy’s for quite a while. Impossible to find, even in those restaurants and bars that keep it on the menu. We were at the Trump hotel in DC last week and I finally got to try it. $100 for a one ounce pour of the 10-year (4 employees watched him pour it). And this was relatively inexpensive compared to their other offerings. I was mildly disappointed... for the money, give me Blanton’s.

That hotel has a very high-end tasting room. You tell them what you want to spend, and they’ll set it up. It’s obviously set up for the high rollers. We toured the room with security right behind us.
The 10 year is nothing special, unfortunately.

Zubaz

That hotel has a very high-end tasting room. You tell them what you want to spend, and they’ll set it up. It’s obviously for the high rollers. We toured the room with security right behind us.
Pappy can be tasty, but there's no I way I get $100 worth of enjoyment out of one drink when I could have anywhere from 10 drinks at a bar to an entire bottle of something just as good.