• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

AroundWorldFrog

Because we’re TCU and you’re Baylor. That seemed obvious to me.
200w.webp

Les3

I think some of the general justifications for ranking the Frogs higher (or, better) were

- the loss to Baylor was in Waco, and the only time Baylor led happened on the game's last play. I think this cause many to feel that while Baylor won, TCU was not looked at as inferior.
- Baylor then lost at West Virginia, while TCU won at West Virginia.

Naturally, the biggest reason for the final rankings was how our bowl games turned out. Baylor couldn't hold on vs. MSU, and TCU absolutely thrashed Ole Miss.

OTOH, the 'committee' did have Baylor ranked just above TCU at the end of the season, before the bowl. Prior to the bowls, you would have arguments for both sides. After the bowls, I think very few would have ranked Baylor higher than TCU.
Totally agree...

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I can prove conclusively how this went down because I am not a robot, as confirmed 7,487 times in a row by Captcha.

Quick, no thinking. You, a bunch of Texans, just won a free trip for the day after Christmas. Phoenix or Houston?

The Big XII was good for football and athletics. It sucks for people who like to travel AND watch Frogs.
I honestly can’t follow your argument here.

JugbandFrog

Maybe Gary wanted a vacation to a state that most of the players have never been to? He looked it as a reward for their hard work

I don’t know

Or maybe he didn’t push for the Cheezit Bowl and we really did get passed over? I don’t know, you don’t know.
Getting passed over is far more disturbing news. It shows that we have a perception problem that would hurt us. If the Texas Bowl feels Baylor is a bigger draw than us, I worry about what that implies.

BABYFACE

I am actually happy for the players getting to go out to Arizona for a bowl game. As a fan, it started out with high expectations that was followed with outright disgust. That disgust turned to a pleased one seeing the players give it their all in the last 4 games of the season.

6-6 is a disappointment but it was good to see them finish on the upswing fighting thru the last few games.